Thursday, August 3, 2017

Brothers and Bones-A Book Review

This is my kind of book. I love a good mystery. I had never heard of this author but he came recommended by my friend Wendy. (check out her blog) The writing of this book was really, really good. Charlie Beckham is a rising assistant district attorney, getting ready to prosecute the biggest case of his career. But as he is hurrying to court on the first morning he passes a homeless man. He has seen this man before and never paid much attention. On this day the homeless man looks up at Charlie and says "Hi Wiley". No one has ever called Charlie "Wiley" except for his brother, who has been missing for 13 years. Charlie blows his first day in court. All he can think about is finding the homeless man. Together Charlie and Bonz chase the story of why Charlie's brother went missing 13 years ago. And find themselves deep into the Italian mob. As they run for their lives to bring justice for Charlie's brother can they become friends. 

I've read a little bit about the author and he says this story came to him as he passed the same homeless man on his way to work everyday. One day he wondered how creepy it would be if the man called him by name. The two main characters of the story are well developed. And I fell in love with both of them. Even though there is a lot of horrific crime I was happy with the ending.  There were times I wondered if it would turn out well. Love this author. I have purchased another of his books today.  

17 comments:

  1. Years ago I wrote a post after seeing an obituary for a homeless woman that I would pass on the street when I worked in downtown Detroit. Everyone knew Stella. One of her family saw the obit and contacted the paper. The family had no idea where she had been for many, many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is sad her family didn't know where she was!

      Delete
  2. I thought that name was familiar! Read (and thoroughly enjoyed) another of his books, "The Prettiest One."

    Downloading this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you listen to Audible Myra?

      Delete
    2. Not especially ... at least, not yet!

      Delete
  3. This one would probably keep me up all night! Maybe best to avoid it, though it sounds really good!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never kept me up all night! In fact I read, mostly, just before I go to sleep! But it was a good book!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like my sort of book. Thanks for the review Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by this author. This book sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mysteries and this one sounds like a good one. I will definitely look this author up. Is the book on audio? I like to "read" while I mow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to get a new author recommendation. There are so many good books out there, but we miss them because we haven't heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about there being so many good books. And so little time to read them!

      Delete
  8. I am so glad that you enjoyed this book as much as I.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!