Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Beginning of May Life List

LOOKING OUT MY WINDOW....

It's that time of the year when we never know what we will see when we look out the window. We have had more than our share of rain lately. My front yard is saturated and really needs to dry out. But it is 62* today. The sun comes and goes so we will see what happens. I'm at least glad we didn't get the blizzard that western Kansas had this past weekend. Some places got 17 inches of a heavy, wet snow. They are still dealing with the loss of power. And so many with structural damages because that is a lot of heavy snow on roofs. Something to be thankful for today!!


AS I PONDER.... 

I have much to ponder! This past weekend was family weekend at Fort Benning but we were not able to go. Sad face here! On the bright side (Thanks Ma!) we got lots of texts, Snapchats, and phone calls from Darian. We are counting down the days to graduation. We have our room reservations made! Yipee!! Sadly it doesn't look like he gets to come home after Basic Training but directly to his first Duty station. Welcome to the Army, huh!

Darian and friend
(his friend's mother sent me this picture)



WHAT I AM LEARNING...

I have a new steam mop. Just delivered! Got it for a great price. I'll be learning how to use it. I don't have a lot of un-carpeted areas in this house but this mop is supposed to work on rugs and carpet too. We'll see!!

WHAT I 'M CREATING...

I'm a few weeks behind in my Memory Planner. So, hopefully, that is what I will be creating this week!


WHAT I'M READING....


I finished reading Before The Fall by Noah Hawley. I will be posting my review this week. (I hope) I am getting ready  to start Imagine Me Gone by Adam Haslett. I have heard it is really, really good. I think I am going to have to give up on listening to Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher when I am going to sleep at night because I keep falling asleep and having to start over! Ugh!! What are you reading right now?

WHAT I'M WATCHING...

The new season of Married At First Sight has started so I am watching that. Also still watching DWTS. I cannot believe Nancy Karrigan went home before Bonner or David who are neither good dancers, in my opinion. This show is really turning into a popularity contest. 

WHAT I'M HEARING...


Harley has turned me on to Spotify and my little Jumbo Blue tooth speaker finally arrived (I order it in February from Amazon but did not check to see where it was coming from. China. And it just arrived). You've heard the phrase "a slow boat to China"!

WHAT'S ON MY CAMERA...



Friends in the rain

Harley 2017

Before the prom

Harley's date (He's a friend)

Flowers

So pretty

Racing to prom
(to get out of rain)







WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE KITCHEN...


Monday...Leftovers

Tuesday...Chili Dogs, Macaroni Salad

Wednesday..Harley eats at church

Thursday...Swedish Meat Balls

Friday...Pizza

Saturday...Pot Roast

Sunday...Baked Chicken breasts


A QUOTE I WANT TO SHARE...






My 2017 word....

My word is fight! I need to start 'fighting' to get back on track.





A peek into my week...

Thank goodness prom season is over. Going to two proms, one week apart, was stressful for all of us! She had a really good time though. Now we are pushing ahead just to get school finished. She doesn't work at all this week. They have hired a bunch of new kids and have to find space for all of them to work. I told her it might be time to look for a different job. Can't make money for summer fun if you aren't working! So this week I will be focusing on getting the housework caught up and some other projects!

final thought...

I am so proud of Harley for making prom so special for her friend from church. He was so cute! And so excited to be going out with such a "hot girl" (his words, not mine). They will have many memories from this night. It started out with rain pouring down. Harley had scheduled professional pictures to be taken downtown. They made the best out of the rainy day but her gown and shoes were soaked by the end of the night! When they came home to change clothes for after-prom the young man got his truck stuck in our front yard. I mean really, really buried in mud. He was backing out of the drive and turned before he hit the street. (dark, rainy, and in-experienced). He had to call his dad to pull the truck out. Justin tried to help him but it was really stuck. It was the first (and maybe the last) time his dad had let him drive dad's truck. They partied until almost 3 a.m. (at the school). He won Harley a beautiful plush gray blanket. He was back in our front yard right after church, filling in the holes from being stuck. (Was really too wet yet, but he tried). Such a gentleman. His parents have raised him well. P.S. For those who wonder this is NOT the boyfriend, but the friend from her church who she agreed to go to prom with way back in February! 

27 comments:

  1. Too bad you couldn't go to family weekend.

    Rain on prom. That's not something we've ever seen around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been raining here for a week! Maybe we will see some sun this afternoon!

      Delete
  2. Harley looked lovely in those photos. I love the colour of her dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! It is a beautiful color isn't it!

      Delete
  3. I don't know what would have been worse, snow with prom or rain with prom. Sounds though like Harley and her friend made the best of it and seemed to have lots of fun! Hard to imagine school is winding down for the year. I agree, might be good for Harley to see what else is out there job wise, and do it before school gets out (be ahead of the game, so to speak).

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she needs to start looking! And soon. College kids will be home before we know it.

      Delete
  4. Harley's prom date dressed up so nicely and has a great smile. What a sweet grandgirl you have to make the prom a special memory for her friend. The color of her dress suits her and she looks beautiful in it. And trying to fill the holes made in the rain...very mature behavior. What a good story! Now that pic of Darian is serious business! I'm sorry you couldn't get to Fort Benning, but I can just imagine the smiling and hugging and the pride you'll feel when you get to his graduation. All the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very proud of her gram! She was so intent on making HIS night! We will all be happy when we get to go to Georgia in late May!!

      Delete
  5. What a pretty prom dress for Harley!

    I love spotify! I pay for the premium so I can make and download playlists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley pays for premium too. I haven't checked into that yet! Thank you for your nice words about Harley!!

      Delete
  6. Harley is beautiful on the inside and the outside.
    I'm so glad that snow storm missed you all. It used to be a blessing to have such a "Sugar Snow". In Ohio, my grandpa love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zippi! She is a good kid

      Delete
  7. Harley looked beautiful and I am so glad they had a good time. I hope you'll be walking with us. I have actual miles, but my destination is virtual. I'm beginning to think of my walking as a multi-year project and my destination could be California. It's all fun and it keeps me moving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like so much fun! I will have to create a walking plan!

      Delete
  8. What a GREAT idea to have a professional photographer document their memories! Even in the rain, Harley looks stunning. I feel so bad for her date getting the truck stuck. Hopefully, he (and dad!) will be able to chuckle about that sometime down the road.

    The quote you've shared so (so!) resonates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The professional photographer is our adopted daughter. But she does awesome work. I hope they can laugh about the truck too!!

      Delete
  9. Hi Paula - so sad about the Fort Benning family time - but lovely to get the photo ... lots going on. Harley looks amazing- really delightful dress and corsage ... and her friend looks happy too -a great night to have loads of fun ... take care and enjoy the week - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a lot going on here right now. Getting ready for school to end and summer to begin.

      Delete
  10. The pictures are just beautiful. Knowing how wet and muddy it is here, I can only imagine what would happen if someone went off the drive here. I can't even mow the yard without the mower getting stuck. Anyway it'll be a memory they won't soon forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grass is going to be really tall before I can get the mower out there!!

      Delete
  11. I'd like to know more about this Memory Planner. (Is it in a post earlier?) It sounds like an oxymoron, but I am a planner, and I love making memories.
    I'm re-reading So Long and Thanks for all the Fish,the 4th Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy book. I just wanted an actual book to handle, not an electronic one, and that is one of about 5 that we brought with us. Most are language books.

    Harley is a beautiful girl. I can tell from your pictures, her smile can light up any room, am I right? Good job, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The memory planner is like scrapbooking . But it takes place in my Big Happy Planner. Each week I do a spread to represent that week. Some people do it every day. I do mine weekly! Thank you for your nice compliments about Harley. She is a beauty!!

      Delete
  12. What a cute couple, too bad it had to rain! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They made the best of it!!

      Delete
  13. Get daily suggestions and methods for generating THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS per day ONLINE for FREE.
    GET FREE ACCESS TODAY

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!