Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A May Hodgepodge

It has been awhile since I joined the Hodgepodge. Today is a good day! And I love the theme. If you want to join go here





1. Can you tell I'm embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?

I do not know if we will celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Maybe Harley and I will go out to a local Mexican place for dinner! That sounds much better to me than pizza (which is on the menu). We love Mexican food. My favorite is tacos. With the crunchy shells. And I love all the beans. Rice, not so much. I go for the milder sauces. But my Harley likes it hot!!


2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?

I have been to Mexico. A few times. We have stayed at resorts mostly. But I don't know about wanting to go again! Mexico is not the safest place in the world. Especially for Americans. Especially right now!! I loved my trip to Acapulco years ago with my favorite traveling companion, Richard! I recently read that Acapulco is Mexico's most dangerous city. How sad!

3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month?

I'm always afraid to say what is something I may accomplish. Because I may not. And I don't want to disappoint! So we'll just keep it a surprise!


4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered?

If I were mayor of Hutchinson I would work on the streets. We have so many potholes it is ridiculous. But, no, I would never consider public office. People are so brutal. Especially in this day and age of the 'key board warriors'. 

5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get?

I just don't get selfies!!!




6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land?

I'm not a big fan of Star Wars. My sons were. And so is my grandson. We watched all the movies (back to back) before we went to Disney World in 2011. That was the highlight of the trip for Darian. I'm probably a 3 on that scale.


Darian 2001




7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?

You can read my fourth blog post here.  I was telling my new readers things about me. I still love to read! And yes, I revisit this theme pretty often. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Life is just too short not to do all the things you love to do! None of us are promised tomorrow! So let's do that one thing today that we have been putting off!

22 comments:

  1. Here at my house I've been putting off running the vacuum sweeper and it needs it. So today may be the day! Every room has carpet except for bath and kitchen. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do that too! But I think I'll save it for the teenage granddaughter:)

      Delete
  2. Hubby and me were talking about where to go for dinner Friday night. I said we probably should avoid Mexican because of Cinco de Mayo. If I was the mayor here, I woukd work on helping the homeless more. Lots of them here.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably so true that all the Mexican places will be packed!

      Delete
  3. We usually don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo but I love Mexican food. Takeout may be in order (the restaurants will probably be crazy!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Selfies. I don't get that either. I realized that of all the photos I took on my last trip, I am not in any of them. I already know what I look like, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers. I haven't been to Mexico because I can't find anyone to go with me, for the reasons you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha it's late in the day here for me to comply with your #8. But....I've done my usual trick of deciding that I must change my bed so I stripped it off and put the linen in the wash but I've yet to remake the bed with clean sheets etc. And now it's almost bedtime. Hubby will be complaining soon or maybe I'll be lucky and the bed will be made when I go up lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you found that bed made when you were ready for it!! LOL

      Delete
  7. The first time I heard the "may the fourth be with you" thing, later that same day I learned my SIL had gone into labor. He turns 7 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Happy Birthday to your nephew! What an awesome birthday!

      Delete
  8. Now I'm getting hungry for tacos!
    My former hubs and I attended a conference in Acapulco at the Princess that I thought was over-the-top ... until the last morning I threw open the drapes and there in the sand someone had stomped out in huge letters facing the hotel, "F*** the USA." Tom and I were given a trip to Cabo for our wedding, but wound up checking out and coming home early. Nope, nothing there I miss.

    I'm still eager to hear your surprise, Paula. Don't go changing your mind, OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Myra! I want a taco NOW! And a nice big margarita!! I won't change my mind on the surprise!

      Delete
  9. I love reading your HodgePodges, Paula and your random thought seems an excellent one and I will try to do just that today :) Thank you!
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get much done yesterday but so far today has been productive (until I sat down at the computer, LOL)

      Delete
  10. Good advice at the end! We don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo as it has no significance to us. I went to see the original Star Wars when it first come out and I enjoyed it, but not enough to ever watch any more. When it comes to that kind of thing, I much prefer the various Star Trek TV series.
    I Saw It On Facebook at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't have any significance for me either. I just love any excuse to eat Mexican food!!

      Delete
  11. Since I'm doing a 30 day challenge and won't follow this prompt on my blog, I'll answer a few of those here.

    1. Cinco de Mayo is probably bigger to us than Halloween, mostly because we lived in West Indy, which is largely hispanic, and had OUTSTANDING Mexican food available. Here in Beijing, we went out for margaritas with a Chinese friend, but the restaurant in the location of a former hispanic restaurant is now high-end, so we left after cocktails and had pizza!

    2. I've been to Mexico twice, but not to resort areas, just over the border from Texas. So I really have no opinion.

    3. I intend to purchase tickets for our first return trip to the US this month - next week, actually. I "MAY" finish the script for July's drama camps.

    4. no comment, since I live in Communist China!
    5. no comment, as I'm out of the loop and don't know what's popular!

    6. HUGE Star Wars fan, but since I've not played the games, or watched the TV series in its entirety, and have never dressed up for it, I'll say a 9.

    This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thrilled to see your answers here. Darian is a huge Star Wars fan!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!