1. Let's talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What's your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done?
I would say I am a 5. I don't go all out and decorate every room in the house anymore. Just the main living spaces. I like keeping my table set with the Christmas dishes. This way they get used more than just for Christmas dinner. I also like to decorate the mantle. And of course the Christmas tree. In the living room there are only a few Christmas things.
|The dining room table|
2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas!
I have had this nativity set for maybe 30 years. Last year I dropped Joseph and broke off his head (yikes) but saved it with a drop of hot glue. I use the same little bits of hay on the stable floor that I have used for years. I keep it in a baggie when not in use. I love my little set!
3. Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did?
No, my neighborhood isn't very social. Just the way I like it. We acknowledge either other when we are outside. Occasionally the neighbor from the north will bring me something (her way of needing to talk) but for the most part we all stay to ourselves. I have lived here for more than 30 years. I know the names of all those who lived on either side and across the street. That's it!
4. As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now?
It is hard to live in the present, isn't it? But I really do believe in the saying, 'there is no time like the present.' If I can figure out how to do that, I will come back and tell all of you so we can do it together.
5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not?
No, I love Mondays. Since I retired in 2011 I look forward to Monday. On Monday the kids went back to school. And it was just me and Richard. After his passing it was just me. Our weekends usually involve having Justin and Paige and all the activity of that. So Mondays is my day to recover. (Right now Darian is here so he puts a wrench into my day, LOL)
Richard always brought me a poinsettia at Christmas. I don't get one for myself. I have forced some Amaryllis in the past. And I had a Christmas Cactus for a short period of time. It didn't stay alive. I have a lot of houseplants. But I don't do the Christmas ones anymore.
7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie.
I am not a big movie person. I'm getting better! I have watched more movies in the past three years than I have watched in my entire life. My favorite quote would be from A Christmas Story: I said this to my boys a time or two when they were growing up!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I think I'll make a list of Christmas movies we should watch. We have weekends and Christmas vacation coming up. I have never seen It's A Wonderful Life. So that will be 1st on my list. What are some you would recommend we watch??