March has arrived to our world! It is like spring here in Kansas. And there are those famous March Winds too. Now let's welcome March by joining with Joyce From This Side of the Pond and participating in Wednesday Hodgepodge.1. February ended with an extra 24 hours in 2016. What did you do with your bonus day?
Nothing special happened at our house. I did some laundry. Ran the vacuum sweeper a bit. Warmed up some leftovers (that is what we do on Monday). And read!!
2. What's something in your life that's grown by leaps and bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years? I'm giving you lots of room to come up with an answer here, so no fair passing on this one.
These two have grown by leaps and bounds since they came to live with us in 2008. The picture on the left is the night they arrived. I had nothing for them. I had to borrow clothes to make it through the first few days. They were pudgy, loving, happy little people. And the picture on the right is now. Darian is over 6 feet and Harley is rapidly approaching my height. In just 7 really short years these two have grown!!
3. Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if you'll see it? Did you watch The Oscars this year, and if so your thoughts on the program? How many of the Best Picture nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast? (Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room, and Brooklyn) If you watched The Oscars who gets your award for 'best dressed'?
I am really not a big fan of going to the movies. We watch an old movie now and again at home. I haven't seen any of those listed above. I did read the book Room and might like to see this movie. I did NOT watch The Oscars this year. Want to know why?? This year's controversy just put me off. I don't like black privilege any better than I like white privilege. The Oscars are for the BEST regardless of color. Maybe there just weren't any BEST this year in the black race. And making it into what they made it turned me off. Sorry, but you asked!!
4. When did you last have overnight houseguests? Give us your top three tips on being a good houseguest.
My brother was here in January for a week. He was here to get his house ready to sell. He was a good houseguest because he hit on all 3 of my top tips for being a good houseguest!
1) Clean up after yourself
2) Offer to pay for a meal!
3) Don't expect your host to entertain you 24/7!
5. March 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Will you be celebrating? If so, would you prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a Reese's peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or shall I just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?
I am not a big fan of peanut butter. I have been known to enjoy a PB&J sandwich now and then, but it wouldn't be my favorite. I won't be celebrating Peanut Butter Lover's Day but I would take a Reese's peanut butter cup if you have an extra!!
6. Why is failure important? Or isn't it?
Yes, I think failure is important. The best lessons are learned after you have failed, in my opinion.
7. Share with us one fun thing on your March calendar.
We will be having spring break here March 19-27th. I haven't decided on something fun yet. But surely we will do something!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Politics!! Yea Gads! This years politics are getting on my nerves. Why can't the candidates talk about the issues? Why do they just bash each other? Every time I decide I know who I am going to vote for then they come off being a pig who is running the other candidates down. I hate American politics. Yet I feel it is so important to vote! Come on guys and gal. Get it together!!