1. Describe love using all five senses.
See...the faces of my grandkids!
Smell...Lilacs which remind me of my mother
Hear...the theme song to the show Cops because I always think about Justin!!
Taste...Green Bean Soup makes me think of Richard and how he loved to cook for us
Touch...red velvet!! Touching Richard!
Yep, my favorite thing to eat, straight from the can, is smoked oysters. And I even have a tiny cocktail fork to eat them with. And, yes, I eat all of them all by myself!
3. A principal in a UK school recently sent home a letter to parents requesting they (the parents!) dress appropriately when escorting their children to/from school (basically saying please don't wear your pajamas) You can read the letter here. It's gotten a lot of publicity, both positive and negative. Your thoughts? And do/did you ever make the school run (or hit Starbucks, Walmart, etc) in your pjs?
I used to work night shift! For more than 25 years I was on the ll p.m. to 7 a.m. shift. So I spent most of the day in my pj's. Very early on I learned that my pj's would be something that I could answer the door in at 11 a.m.; greet my kids' friends after school in; and something to jump in the car and get the kids picked up after school. So yes I have worn my pj's out A LOT! But then my pjs are usually sweats and a tee shirt. Or yoga pants and a tee shirt! I really don't see why the school needs to worry about how the parents are dressed as they drop off and pick up their kids!! Just saying!
4. Crew neck, V-neck, turtleneck, scoop neck...which is most prevalent in your wardrobe?
Most of my clothes are crew neck or a small V-neck. I don't like turtlenecks or deep V's.
5. I read here recently a list of four things to avoid so you wake up happier. They were late night snacks, hitting the snooze button, social media just before bed/upon waking, checking emails.
Are you guilty of any of these behaviors? Which on that list do you need to work harder at avoiding?
Oh my! I do all of those things late at night. Maybe that is why I'm not a happy person! I don't know that I will try to avoid any of them. Maybe snacking when I start my first Whole 30!
6. Share something you remember about a house you lived in as a child? Of all the homes you lived in as a child, which did you love best?
I don't have lots of memories of houses from when I was a child. One thing I do remember is one hot June night when my sister and I were in our bedroom and the screen fell off the window...yes, as far as my memory goes it just fell off the window...and our bed was covered in June bugs. Yuck!! I remember how grossed out my sister was!
7.Your favorite movie based on a true story?
The most recent movie I have watched that is based on a true story is Blind Side. So that will be my pick today.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Did you know that tomorrow is National Homemade Soup Day? But, it is also Harley's 16th birthday and she is not a lover of soup. So I guess I won't be making soup. I was going to take her to 5 Guys for dinner but instead she is going to a Basketball pre-game night dinner. Hope they don't serve soup!!