Monday, March 2, 2015
I cannot believe that it is already the third month of the year. Time does not stand still. It just marches forward one day after the other. These days it seems to be running. Time to make my goals for March.
I am continuing to base these goals on the categories I chose in January that will hopefully help me to CHANGE the way I live my life. To Change the way I see my life. And to change the way my life affects me. I am only a simple, human woman. I don't see myself as being anything more than who I am. So here goes:
1. Attitude: This is one of my hardest goals. I am not a "half-full cup girl." So it takes effort every single moment of every single day to have a better attitude. On Ash Wednesday the kids talked of what they were giving up for Lent. This is something they do every year in their youth group at church. This year I joined them. I promised them I would give up negativity! Believe me this will be a challenge for me.
2. Home: I am continuing with A Bowl Full of Lemons 14 Week Organizing Challenge. Sadly, I am pretty behind. But you know what? I am just going to keep going. This month we are working on the dining room, the linen closet, the hall closet, the kids' closets, the master closet, and the launch pad. Go over to her website and check things out. Never too late to start.
3. Health: Oh not one of my favorite goals. I am still working on 'little' walks. And with all of the cold weather I have been horrible in keeping up with it. So I am going to re-commit to trying to walk for 5 minutes a day three times a week. And build as I can!
4. Spiritual Growth: I will continue with my daily Bible reading.(I haven't missed a day yet) And I plan to add some more verse memorizations to this as well.
5. Budget: The month of March will include getting the taxes done and taking care of personal property and tags. I also will continue to try to decide about my nursing license. Items we need to work into the budget. (and yippee! We made it under $800. at the grocery store in February)!
Tell me: Do you make goals for yourself? And how do you handle it when you just don't make any of your goals? Do you quit? Or do you just keep plugging away?