Ten on Tuesday: Carol has asked us to list Ten Time Periods I would Want to Visit if I had a Hot Tub Time Machine:
1. The 1800's in a covered wagon coming to the middle of America. But not for very long because I love the conveniences I have in my current life.
2. 1910-1920...My dad was born in 1910 and I would love to have been there with him when he was a boy. To see what his life was life. And to question what went wrong.
3. 1920's....I would have made a wonderful flapper girl. And I could have seen my mom's early years too.
4. 1912...I would want to be on the Titanic as it set sail. What a wonderful experience that would have been. I would have wanted to be a survivor. Such a story to share with the granchildren.
5. Early 1959...rewritten the story of my dad's death.
6. All of the 1960's....to relive my teen years. To have more fun. To study harder. To live on my own. To put marriage off much longer. To be a flower child!
7. The early 1970's...to relive the births of my boys. To hold them closer. Hug them tigher. Not hurry them to grow up. And never let them go.
8. Summer of 1977...when I first met Richard and knew he would change my life forever. I would hold him tighter, kiss him longer, and cherish all of our moments together.
9. Spring of 1983...when I graduated nursing school. When there was still a fire in my belly and a desire to save all of mankind. Before I became jaded and pessimistic about healthcare.
10. 2025...Paige and Harley will be 25 and Darian will be 27. I want just the briefest glimpse of what they become. How their lives turn out. Then zoom me right back to today, February, 24, 2015.
Where would you go and what would you like to live through?