Carol Knits hosts Ten on Tuesday and this
week she is asking:What 10 Things You Would put in a Christmas Letter? You all know the ones. Those braggy letters that tells all about the wonders and wealth of the past year for the sender. I have said for years that I was going to write my own special Christmas letter and this is what it would include (tongue in cheek)
1. The house burned to the ground this past January. We weren't able to save a thing.
2. Our oldest is starting his 8th year in jail. I don't think the judges will ever listen to his appeal.
3. Grandpa lost another front tooth. He looks so adorable now with all four of them gone.
4. The old car finally quit running. We might have to get another one. For now, though, we have our bicycles.
5. The dog ran out the door and was hit by the little, old lady who lives down the street. Luckily it didn't kill him. We only had to amputate his leg. So now he only has three.
6. In April we won the lottery. We got $10.00. We had such a good time spending it. Didn't believe we really had that many relatives. But we do believe in sharing! And money sure doesn't last long does it?
7. Was so happy when our youngest took up growing houseplants. And they were so nice and green (under those grow lights he rigged up). I can't understand why the cops took all of them when they paid us a visit.
8. For those of you who don't know, Papa died and he left us this summer. We miss him terribly.
9. We took our first vacation this year. Yep, we drove all the way to the state capital. Paid our taxes and drove home. None of those high class fancy hotels for this family.
10. We now lovingly sign our names and tell everyone that other than #8 this was all just a pack of lies and was meant to bring you some holiday cheer.
Now let's link up with Carol on Ten on Tuesday and see what others would share in their letters. Speaking of such letters, I got one in the mail just this week. I won't name names. But I didn't know a single person she spoke of in such glowing terms. I barely know her!! Keep laughing everyone. Life is too short.