Today I join Carol Knits to link with others the 10 Favorite Books of 2014. Wouldn't you like to join Ten on Tuesday? Or just tell me in the comments what your favorite books for the year were. Here are mine:
1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn-I still think about this book. What a wild and crazy read.
2. Blue by Lou Aronica-This book is about a 14 year old girl who is dying and her connection to a fantasy world and a young queen. Awesome read!
3. Forgive me Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick-An intense book that takes place in one day in the life of a teenager who wants to kill his friend and then himself. I will never forget this book.
4. The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian-I will forever remember this book for that ending. The one that blew me away. The one I never saw coming.
5. What Alice Forgot by Lian Moriarty-This book will have you asking what would you think of your life if you suddenly found that you didn't remember 10 years of it.
6. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt-This book is about a 14 year old girl and the love she had for her uncle who died from Aids. Powerful!
5. Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult-From this book I learned so much about grief! Another book whose ending will blow you away.
6. Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult-A story about a little girl who is seeing God and creating miracles. Or is she?
7. Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen-The story of a boy, filled with anger and rage, who is banned to live alone in Alaska and cure himself. Recommended by my grandson who at one time could really identify to the main character.
8. The Color of Heaven by Julianne MacLean-This story helped me to learn there is always hope after death. A very poignant story.
9. Room by Emma Donoghue-A tale about Jack, a five year old boy, and his ma who are locked in a Room and their escape. I will never forget Jack.
10. The Confession by John Grisham-Just because who doesn't love a good John Grisham book!