Today's prompt is one of my hardest. But I will give it my best:
I am one of those people who sees my cup as half empty. It's just the way that I am. I think I was raised that way. I wish I could be a happy, go-lucky, kind of girl who saw the postitive in everything. But I'm not! I struggle with it. I ask myself, "how can I find the positive in what I am living?" This is not how I envisioned my life and if I had my way this is not how I would be living it. But it is what has been handed to me. And I must survive. With as much of myself intact as I can. So I look for things to be thankful for.
This will work for me every time. I just have to think about someone who has it worse off than me. So I will list what I have today that I am thankful for.
- I have a roof over my head and it is paid for.
- I have a car, that is paid for, and still runs. (even if the A/C doesn't at the moment)
- We eat well. Too well. Wouldn't hurt any of us to cut back a bit here.
- I get enough money each month with social security and Richard's retirement to pay our bills and have a bit left over.
- I have nine healthy, happy grandchildren.
- I have two of the best living with me and helping me to care for my husband.
- I have the greatest son a mother could ever ask for. He helps me financially, when I need it, and emotionally all the time. He is the best!
- I live in a country of freedoms. A place where I can voice my opinion and not get arrested. Or killed. Or have my head and hands cut off. And I have plenty of opinions to share.
- I am healthy!
I am happy to have participated in this challenge. I didn't make it every day but I gave it my best shot. If you want to see what others are grateful for today, just go here, check out the link-up. And let's all wish May good-bye and say hello to June!