Here is today's prompt:
Write a ‘How to’ post teaching everyone … well, how to do something! Cooking, crafting, or anything else that takes your fancy.
When I first woke up this morning I did not know what I was going to write about. And then I had a plumping diaster and now I am going to tell you exactly how to go about solving it. It will be a step-by-step tutorial on how to un-clog a clogged toilet. Ready set here we go:
1. Darian had already been to the bathroom and Harley was helping me to empty Richard's catheter when she came running out, screaming, "the toilet is over-flowing." I ran into the room and sure enough there was water all over the floor. So step one is grab towels and throw them down to soak up all the water on the floor.
2. Question everyone who has been in the bathroom so far this morning (Darian and Harley) to see what might have been flushed into the toilet. Nothing more than the 'normal' things. Grab the plunger.
3. Plunge like crazy and flush again. Hear another scream, "help it's overflowing", this time it is me screaming. More towels grabbed and thrown on the floor.
4. Go into second bathroom that is directly behind first bathroom and discover that 'stuff' is coming up into the shower. Yuck! Flush second bathroom toilet! Don't ask me why. It seemed like a good thing at the time. And watch as water flows out of it and onto the floor. Plunge second toilet.
5. Get that snake gizmo out of the garage and snake both toilets and both the bathtub and the shower drains. Find huge hunk of hair in shower drain.
6. Assess both toilets. No change. Seems to be a major clog somewhere.
7. Go to store and buy drain cleaner.
8. Come home and dip out most of the water from both toilets and pour drain cleaner into both toilets and the bathtub and shower drains.
9. Wait alloted period of time and pour hot water down both toilets and both drains.
We are not having a problem in the kitchen or the laundry room or the third bathroom that is in the laundry room.
10. Go to the internet to read what the problem might be.
11. Flush second toilet. All works well. Flush the shower drain. All is clear. Flush the bathtub drain. Yipee....we are on the right track. Flush the first toilet........
12. Water from first toilet runs under the wall into the second bathroom and floods the floor. Grab more towels.
13. Admit defeat.
14. Call a plumber. They will get back with me. It is now 7:27 p.m. and I have not heard back. Good bet I won't see a plumber until tomorrow.
15. Thank God we have a third bathroom.