On Saturday it rained,rained, and rained some more. Needless to say, I am not getting my house painted this weekend. The painter said he might try to power-wash on Monday. But we still have 60% chance of rain in the forecast. We need the rain but sad that it happened this weekend. We were able to get the shutters off the house and some of the things cleaned up so that it will be easier for the painter. And my younger cousin fixed the A/C on my car. God Bless him. Only needed free-on and he gave it to me as a gift. He's the best!! We cooked out burgers and brats on Saturday evening and had 10 for supper. Richard ate with us and did well. But after supper it became apparent that he was slipping off into 'never land' where he sometimes goes. We did get him out to his parents grave site on Saturday afternoon but of course he could not get out of the car. He seemed pleased to get to visit.
Today he has been barely responsive. He opens his eyes and looks at me. He drinks when I offer to him. He ate some pudding and drank a strawberry shake. But he is not 'with us'. Very sad to watch. I do not know what the week will bring. I never know. Justin is staying another night with me. I know that he, too, worries.
Keeping us as best as I can with Sunday's Love Happy Daily Blog Every Day in May Challenge, today I will blog about:
A list for the week ahead.
- Monday afternoon I will return to the cemetery to pick up the geraniums and pot them for the patio. Richard will enjoy the dark red blooms for the remainder of the summer.
- Tuesday through Friday this week Darian has weight-lifting and Harley has basketball training from 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at their high school about 12 miles from here. So we will be getting up early for that.
- Wednesday is our Hospice day! And also the kids have church youth group in the evening.
- Thursday we will start getting Darian's packing for Boy Scout Camp.
- Saturday Darian will leave at 6:30 a.m. for Colorado Springs. He will be gone a week. He is really excited and it will be good for him to be away. He is my 'worrier' so he needs a break from it. Harley also has basketball on Saturday from 8:00 to 10:00. Paige and Justin will be back in the afternoon and the girls and I are going to do a little shopping trip.
Sounds like we are going to have a fairly busy week. Hopefully the rain will let up long enough that I can get my house painted. I would love to start doing some outside work. But that will all depend upon how Richard does. The way he is tonight it doesn't look good. But I have seen him like this before and then he bounces back. We will leave it up to the Lord.
Linking up here.
So true to leave it up to the Lord, Paula. Sounds like some early mornings for you! Glad you had a bit of a visit with some family and a chance to cookout with them!ReplyDelete
It is going to be EARLY....but hopefully only for a weekDelete
Here's to Richard bouncing back, the rain letting up, the house getting painted and your having the opportunity to play in the dirt!!ReplyDelete
He is better today, thank you! And so far no rain. And the painter got the house power-washed.Delete
If there is one thing that is predictable would senior caregiving, it is that it is not predictable!!ReplyDelete
Happy holiday to you and your family.
That is so true my friend...Delete
I hope Darian will have a great time at camp, that it stops raining, and most of all that Richard bounces back.ReplyDelete
Thanks Inger. I know he will have a great time at camp. We got all his stuff lined out today. Now I just need to shop for snacks to pack with him. And Richard is better todayDelete
I had to chuckle at the title of this post--you're *never* doing nothing!ReplyDelete
You got that right! But it was a catchy title!ReplyDelete
Bless your heart. I hope Richard is doing better. Maybe he was just off because your routine was off...I hope so, at least. Your to-do list brought a tear to my eye...sending a kid off to camp is so hard...even when they love it! Good luck. Here's to a sunny, perfect-for-house-painting week ahead!ReplyDelete
Both of them have gone to camp every summer since they moved in with us 5 years ago. And I think you are right, anytime the schedule gets mixed up, so does he.Delete