Write 30 interesting Facts About Yourself
- I graduated from nursing school at age 32
- I am 5 feet 10 inches tall.
- I wear a size 10 shoe
- I am terrified of mice
- I am raising two of my grandchildren, who are now teens
- I color my hair medium brown. Have lots of gray roots
- I like to eat at night while in bed reading
- The only pop I drink is Pepsi
- Everything I know about the computer, I taught myself.(once in awhile I have to get help from my brother)
- The only grade I got in nursing school that was not an A was in Anatomy & Physiology. And I got a C. It was HARD
- I hate looking in the mirror
- I have never gotten a traffic ticket of any kind
- I did not get a driver's license until I was 23 years old.
- I love Brussel sprouts, especially with cheese
- I love head cheese. YUM!
- This is extremely hard but I have a type A personality so I will finish
- I hate going to the grocery store.
- I don't watch movies.
- I was born in Nashville.....Kansas that is!
- I never owned a pair of jeans until after I was out of high school.
- I have been married twice.
- I have a titanium rod in my right leg.
- I still have my tonsils.
- I cannot grow my fingernails.
- I have white carpet in all the main living areas of my house. Crazy, I know.
- I have lived in Kansas all of my life. Except for the four months I lived in Newport News, Virginia.
- I love, love, love the beach! And yet I live in Kansas! Go figure.
- I do NOT want a funeral service
- I want to be cremated and my ashes spread in the Caribbean
- My favorite flower is the Alstromeria!
Please sign in to the linky!
|Paige and her bike!|
Number 10 is impressive!! I wish I was the same for number 12.. bane of my life. Fun prompt :DReplyDelete
It was nice to lighten things us for todayDelete
Half-way through my list I said the same thing you did: this is hard! Especially because I already have 100 Things as a page.ReplyDelete
Great minds think alike!Delete
I agree 10 is very impressive.. loving yhe pic of Paige and her bikeReplyDelete
Thank you and thank youDelete
Everything I know about the computer I taught myself also.ReplyDelete
Good for us!Delete
My mom became an LPN after we moved to Canada! A few years back she wanted to become an RN but then changed her mind, she was like, aghh I am too old for more school!ReplyDelete
I can understand that! Nursing school is hardDelete
I have really enjoyed doing this challenge and I have reading yours every day.ReplyDelete
I am happy to have you as well. Glad that you linked up. I am off to catch up with your postsDelete
#7 Eating at night while reading! Yes, that is me too. And I will think of you every time I have my cheese and crackers while reading my blogs or my book - right before bed. :-) This one looks like fun, but probably is hard. I think I will give this a try. :-)ReplyDelete
Glad you played along. I liked reading yours. I am usually eating potato chips and sour cream. Nothing healthy for me! I am too stressed for healthy so I will just get fatter!Delete
I am 5ft 10" ! I wear size 10 shoes !! I taught myself computer as well and my son helps keep me up to date. What is head cheese ?ReplyDelete
Head cheese or brawn is a cold cut that originated in Europe. A version pickled with vinegar is known as souse. Head cheese is not a cheese but a terrine or meat jelly made with flesh from the head of a calf or pig (sometimes a sheep or cow), and often set in aspic. The parts of the head used varies, but the brain, eyes, and ears are usually removed. The tongue, and sometimes even the feet and heart, may be included. This is copied from Wikipedia. Might be TMI for you (kinds was for me) But with horseradish it is yummyDelete
First, I never realized how much we have in common until I started reading your list! Only, I wish I could be 5'10"...I'm 5'8" so close I guess. When I saw the comment about your white carpeting and the beach, it made me think of my Dad's house. They had white carpet for about 2 years before the stains and spots got to be too much. When they took it out, there was sand everywhere, lol. I laughed thinking, better tell Paula in case she ever decides to move to the water.ReplyDelete
I am dreaming of hardwood (or maybe laminate). I won't have to deal with much sand here in land locked Kansas though!Delete
I hope my daughter grows into her size 10 feet. Right now she is 5'5" (my height). I also like to eat at night while reading. And I LOVE brussel sprouts just without cheese.I love learning all these things about you. :)ReplyDelete
5'5" with size 10 shoes? Poor thingReplyDelete
Fun list. I too still have my tonsils. I was not quite as old when I got my license, but I was out of high school, and had already purchased a car when my younger brother took me to get my license. Folks thought it important for "guys" to drive women would have their husbands. Mom drove though, guess they were just putting it off due to cost of insurance. Mice...ewwwww, so with ya. We have those trap things that they come load about once a year to keep them at bay. I guess everyone has some, but I don't want to see them. Gonna have to look up Alstromeria to see what type of flower that is, not a name I'm familiar with. What happened to your leg that you have the rod? Dad has 2 in his back from a bad fall, were you in an accident? Making headway with catching up...inching my way there.ReplyDelete
Day 6, 30 is a lot to come up with
I broke my leg while on vacation in Montana Twisted in a snow drift. Broken in 4 places. I love the alstroemeria. You can buy a bouquet at the store and they will last one to two weeksDelete
I looked up the flowers, and have seen them often in stores, always thought they were lily's but never really knew . Guess there is the family, would love to grow some (I have lots of lily's in the yard), but weather could be iffy. Gonna check a bit more into this. Got a posty note here on my desk. Thanks! Sorry to hear about the leg. 4 places....that had to take forever to heal. Ouch!ReplyDelete
I have not ever had any luck with growing them. I just got a plant for Mother's Day and it has already died. I love buying them at the grocery store when I have extra money. They last in a vase forever. I was non-weight bearing for 3 months and off work for 4 months. It was pretty awful!!Delete