Wow! I must be doing something right! I have been nominated for another award. This makes me so happy. Maybe it is because other people really like my blog. Or I am getting to be a better writer. Or I am just crazy enough to do these things, so that is why they nominate me. The Liebster Blog Award was presented to me by Me at Scribblings. How very sweet of you to give me this honor.
The rules for the Award are that I must nominate 11 blogs to receive this very award from me, I must post 11 random facts about myself, and I must answer 11 questions that have been posed by Me on her blog. Then I need to have you answer my 11 questions.
First, the 11 questions from Me's Blog:
- What was your childhood ambition? I wanted to be an executive secretary. I don't know why. I just thought that sounded cool.
- Did you ever wish to have a different name? If so, what is it? Yes, I always wanted to be named Connie. Don't know why here either.
- If you were the most powerful person in the world, what could you do? Well I don't know if you mean powerful, like strong. Or powerful like influence. But if I was powerful, like strong then I could lift cars off people.
- Who is your favorite author? I like James Patterson. A Lot. Especially, the Alex Cross books.
- Sea or mountains? Day or night? Sea in the daytime. Of course.
- If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be? I would want to trade places with Paris Hilton. What a frivolous, rich life. I could do that for one day! I think.
- What is your most precious childhood memory? Most of my memories of my childhood are NOT good. But the day that my baby brother was born is precious.
- Tell me something that you would like to share with me? Hmmm I like liver and onions.
- What three words best describe you? Tall, opinionated, caring
- What made you start blogging? When I started blogging, it was just because it was the thing to do. And now I blog to leave a record of things for my family.
- If you could have three wishes what would they be? 1. That my husband would be better. 2. That I had enough money to cover all of my expenses without having to worry. 3. That my oldest son would pull his head out of his butt and become a good, productive citizen.
Now here are 11 Random Facts about myself:
- I got married (the first time) when I was 18 years, 8 months, 12 days old. Yes, it was young! But it is what we did then. Few of the girls from my graduating class in 1969 went on to college. We got married.
- My husband (current) is 18 years older than me.
- I like to try new recipes. But they must be simple and not have tons of ingredients
- I love wine. But not dry wine.
- I color my hair. I don't want to see grey roots. On my head.
- I was the first in my family to graduate from high school. And college.
- I am strongly opinionated. But it is okay if you disagree with me. As long as you still allow me to have my opinion.
- I am a Democrat. But I didn't vote for Obama. My husband is a Republican
- I am FOR gun control.
- I don't carry a purse.
- I hate wearing coats. Might be why my favorite season is Summer.
Now I am supposed to nominate 11 blogs for this very same award. However, since I just did that with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, I am going to nominate all of you who read my blog. So if you want to receive this little award for your blog, Just follow the rules above. Or feel free to answer the questions in the comments section. That will be fun too! I can't wait to see How you answer my 11 questions.
And here are my 11 questions
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite holiday? Why?
- If you could go anywhere in the world you wanted, where would you go?
- Would you like to be head of a country? Like President or King?
- What is your favorite word?
- Do you like the toilet seat up or down? As in kept that way, not using it. :)
- What is the worst mistake you have made as a parent? If you aren't a parent, what is your worst mistake?
- What irritates you the most?
- If your sister needed a kidney, would you give her one of yours?
- Who is your favorite super hero? Why?
- Do you think owning pets changes you?