Really! I am almost 62 years old. Do I really need a bucket list now. It seems like my goal now is just to get to the end. Are there things that I want to do that I haven't done. Or that I can even attempt to do at this stage in my life? My husband and I went on quite a few really, big and wonderful trips before he got sick, so I don't think I could wish for anything like that. And I can't imagine what traveling without him would be like. He loved the whole thing about traveling. He loved to plan the trips and book the rooms. He loved to research the city we were going to be in and plan what we would visit each day. He loved to look for the best restaurants and make sure we had reservations while we were there. He loved to see the popular sites and to search out the more obscure Not me! I just showed up and enjoyed the vacation. And he loved to take the pictures. Not so many with just us enjoying the sites. But the scenery. He loved the scenery. I used to call his camera, "The Other Woman". She was always getting in our way on a trip. I always had to wait while he captured the 'perfect shot'. I waited while he packed her, and primed her, and made sure she was with us. Everyone knew when I talked of my husband's 'other woman' what I was talking about.
But back to the blogging quest of the day. The Bucket List. I will try to come up with one just for you.
My Bucket List
- Attend the high school and college graduation of each of my nine grand kids.
- Achieve financial security. Not millions Just so I have a bit left at the end of the month.
- Spend a week, alone, at a beautiful resort in the Caribbean. Be pampered. Order room service. Lie on the beach. Read a book. Sleep. (wonder if I can actually fly alone?)
- Learn sign language.
- Write a book about my life
- Write a letter to each of my family members and let them know what they mean to me and why.
- Fly a kite
- Conquer my fear of mice.
- Bury the hatchet with anyone that needs it buried (my sister, maybe)
- Re-decorate my bedroom to be the super-girly bedroom I have always dreamed about. The one that I will soon be spending time in all alone. For the first time in my life! (Have you ever had a bedroom that was just your own? That you didn't share with a sibling, or a spouse, or a child of your own?)
So what is on your bucket list?
I would love to hear all about it.
I am looking forward to seeing what is on other's Bucket Lists.
Go here to see for yourself what this 31 Day blog challenge is all about.