1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
There are so many things that I have done that I have NEVER done before since my husband had a stroke in November 2011. I did gather up all the tax papers and visited the tax man all by myself this past year.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make New Year's resolutions cause I am just terrible at keeping them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I cannot think of a single person that is close to me that gave birth this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
I cannot think of anyone that was very close to me that died. However; we have come very close a couple of times of losing my beloved husband Richard this past year.
5. What countries did you visit?
No different countries this past year.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
I would like to feel more financially secure this year. I hate this worrying all the time about money.
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My biggest achievement this year was being successful at managing to live on our very small fixed income and keeping all of my bills current and up to date.
8. What was your biggest failure?
My biggest failure has been with not managing my weight. I just keep getting fatter and fatter. And I am not even sure that I really care anymore. Does that make me a bad person?
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thank God, no! I do not know what would happen to my family if I became ill or injured. This is my biggest fear.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
The best thing that I bought this year were two new tires for my car. How sad is that?
11. Where did most of your money go?
Most of my money goes for bills and groceries and a fair amount at the gas station.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
This is stupid! I got really, really, really excited when I only paid $1.16 a gallon for gas because I got 4X Fuel points for buying gift cards as Christmas presents. I was able to fill both my car and my son's car for a grand total of $35.00.
13. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
I think I am sadder, fatter, and poorer!
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I had spent more time with my family.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I had spent less time bitching. I bitch a lot, especially when I am stressed.
16. What was the best book you read?
I have no idea. I read a lot but none of them really stick out as being that great of a book.
17. What did you want and get?
I wanted a smart phone and I got a HTZ Rhyme.
18. What did you want and not get?
I wanted an iphone but I just cannot afford one of those.
19. What kept you sane?
Now this is hard. Who says that I am sane? My blog, Facebook, my family (sometimes) and friends.
20. Who did you miss?
My husband.....since his stroke he is not the same and I miss him!