Welcome to my Sunday Stealing....a crazy meme that I do once in awhile. Come here
if you want to join in.
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. Where are you from and where do you live now? There are days when I am still trying to figure out where I came from. I currently live in Kansas. Right smack dab in the middle of the good old USA. And yes, Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore. Believe me I have heard that enough to last me a lifetime.
2. Favorite childhood story/book/film? There is not much about my childhood that I remember as a 'favorite'. But I do remember reading all the Nancy Drew books. They helped me to 'escape'.
3. If you could change gender for a day what would you do?This is an interesting question. I don't think I am at all interested in being a man. I am content with being a woman. But what the heck, it's only for a day. What I would do is stand to pee and see if it is at all possible to do that without peeing all over the floor.
4. Do you feel you family is complete or would you like more/some children? OMG! I am past 60 years old. My family was complete years ago. But here I am now raising a 12 year old girl and a 14 year old boy. And I am screaming now......WE ARE FINISHED. PLEASE NO MORE KIDS!
5. What do you do/Where do you work and do you enjoy it?I am a registered nurse. Currently I stay home and give full time care to my husband who had a stroke in September. For most of my 25 year nursing career I enjoyed being a nurse. However, things have changed. Young girls and BOYS are coming into the nursing profession now for the MONEY and being a nurse is not what it used to be. They don't care if they give quality care or anything at all about the profession. They just want an easy, do as little as possible shift, and hurry up and give me my paycheck. (This doesn't apply to all people, and it is not just in the nursing profession. I think it is a new generation attitude.)
6. Which three words do you think sum you up?JUST PLAIN TIRED.
7. If you were a fairy what magical powers would you possess? I would fly over the world sprinkling my 'heal all' powders over people. No more sickness.
8. If you were invisible, where would you go and what would you do? Why? I would love to be a fly on the wall of the office of my former Director of Nursing when they finally figure out that SHE is the problem and they fire her. Oh, what sweetness that would be. And I am not at all vindictive.
9. What song can’t you listen to without crying? Through the Years by Kenny Rogers. The song that will play someday at my dear husbands funeral. (That is, unless I die first)
10. Which book changed your life – or at least made you think a lot?The Holy Bible....it is still changing my life.
11. Why do you blog? For a record of what goes on at my house and in my life.
12. What is your top ‘me-time’ tip? What the heck is 'me-time'? Not something I get anymore. My biggest tip, is that if you get me-time, they enjoy it to its fullest.
13. What can’t you live without? I cannot live without my computer. OMG where would I be?
14. Which of all your blog posts are you most proud of and why?Heck if I know...go read my blog and tell me in the comments section which one you like best. Go on.....I'll wait for you.
15. Have you ever met a famous person? Who and where? Not personally met them....I saw Oprah Winfrey strolling through a casino in Las Vegas but she was surrounded by security and not very friendly at all. And my friend and I chased Paul Newman through the same casino, but we couldn't catch him!!!!!!
16. When did you last have a full nights sleep?Before September 16, 2011. When my husband had a stroke. Back then we had separate bedrooms (which I would advise for all couples) and I took sleeping pills. Now I sleep, lightly, next to him so that I can help him when he needs it.
17. What would you think is harder: Going to work or staying at home with children?I think going to work is much harder.....cause you still have to do all the same things a stay at home mother does once you get home. Just in fewer hours.
18. What are you doing for Easter?We will probably go to church and then have dinner at home.
19. What is your favorite drink?I love to drink a tall screwdriver, but orange juice now gives me heart burn. And I love frozen margaritas...but the same deal. Heartburn. So I will stick with an ice cold bottle of water.
20. Do you play any sports? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! No.
21. What is your most embarrassing moment? My most embarrassing moment of all time was when I was a nursing student and we had just finished our clinical on the psych ward. We had a 'roundtable' that included the psychologist, psychiatrist, nurses and us. There was a psychologist by the name of Dr. Didlo.........and I called him.....yep, you're right. I did! Embarrassing.
22. How clever are you? Depends on the day. Not very, lately.
23. Name a new favorite TV show? NCIS, CSI, CSI LA, Survivor, Amazing Race, Undercover Boss, The Gifted Man, Person of Interest, and Big Bang Theory. (You can tell I am a CBS girl)
24. Any guilty pleasures? My one guilty pleasure is Bret Michaels.....he plays on my IPOD. It is sometimes amusing when there is a religious song sandwiched on either side of Bret.
25. If you could have chosen your own name, what would it be?Paula Hughes......Howard's long lost daughter.
26. Who do you most admire in life, and why?I most admire my mother. She raised 5 kids after my dad died. She did not have a high school education. And we all stayed out of prison, no drugs, and are good people now.
27. What is your most treasured possession?My most treasured possession is a little gold RN necklace that was purchased for me by my youngest son with his first paycheck when he was 14 years old. I don't wear it much anymore but it is very special to me.
28. Tell your favorite funny joke…I am not much of a joke person...I usually screw it up.
29. What is your biggest fear in life?Mice......I have dreams of them chasing me. I should see a psychologist. Wonder what Dr. Didlo is up to now days.
30. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? What does it remind you of?My favorite is vanilla and it doesn't remind me of anything.