Today we ripped this meme off a blogger known as Tattooed Minivan Mom from the blog The Scattered Mind of a Tattooed Minivan Mom. She explains that she got it from Janana Bee. It appears Jana might have actually written this meme. But, it could have stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!
Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: Janana's Now Vs. Then Meme
It's been a while since we had to post rules. But here we will list the relevant ones:
*Think back to ten years ago on this month.
*Write truthful answers and ELABORATE. This makes it more interesting!
*If you don't have a scanner you may omit #14 but I think if you do you should totally do it!
*It's about personal changes. Have fun with it!
Then: August 1999
1. Age: I was at the young, old age of 48
2. Romantic Status: I was married.
3. Occupation: I was a full- time working nurse on the 11-7 shift at the hospital
4. Fun night out: I liked to spend an evening out with friends; dining and drinking.
5. My BFFs: Rozanne and Jean
6. I spent way too much time: Sleeping...I worked the night shift
7. I spent not enough time: seeing my first grandchild (biological)
8. I wanted to be when I grew up: I think at this stage I am feeling pretty grown up
9. Biggest concern: Getting my youngest through college
10. What my biggest concern should have been: paying attention to what the oldest was up to
11. Where did I live: same place I now live
12. Dumbest thing I did that year: are you kidding me? I can't remember that far back
13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: Have your fun now as the future holds something very different than what you expect.
14. Picture of me then: That is me standing there between my youngest son and my husband.
This is taken in the courthouse on the day that Justin and Brooke were married December 30, 1999
Now: August 2009
1. Age: 58.......ekkk can that be true?
2. Romantic Status: still married
3. Occupation: still a nurse but now working 32 hours/week on 2-10 shift in a long term care facility.
4. Fun night out: my idea of fun now is a quiet night at home watching TV
5. My BFFs: Rozanne....Jean died last year.
6. I spend way too much time: on the computer
7. I spend not enough time: cleaning house
8. I want to be when I grow up: retired!
9. Biggest concern: Will I have the energy it takes to raise these two kids
10. What my biggest concern should be: retirement
11. Where do I live: same house, same town
12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: Saying yes to having two grand kids come to live with me
13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: You did the right thing and look how great they turned out.
1. What do I miss most from 1999: my youthful energy
2. What do I miss least from 1999: my job at the hospital
3. What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of: becoming the bestest granny
4. What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: Letting go of things that I can do nothing about.