1. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
I do think a picture is worth a thousand words. A picture can tell an entire story (most of the time). Just give me a picture anytime.
2. Have you ever driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway? If so what was your favorite stop? If not, is this sort of trip on your bucket list?
No, I have never driven the Pacific Coast Highway. I have been on many highways in California and I am just not interested in returning. California was a nice place to visit but I've been and I haven't a desire to go back. It is not on my bucket list. There are many other places I would like to visit in what little bit of life I have left.
3. How do the changing seasons affect you? As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward? Which season-season transition bothers you most? Why do you suppose that is?
I'm glad I live in a state where we see all four of the seasons. With that being said it never hurts my feelings when the winter season is short and warm. I am not a huge fan of snow or ice. I do like to see a bit of snow on Christmas Eve but that's it. My favorite season is summer. I like both spring and fall but I LOVE summer.
4. It's your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu. What are we having? Do you ever lie about your age?
Anything I get to eat with my family is what I pick for the dinner menu on my birthday. If they are here with me then it is the most special day. A little steak and lobster wouldn't hurt my feelings though. And since I turned 21 I have never again lied about my age. I am proud to be 66!!
5. What's a life lesson you've learned recently?
Over and over and over again I have to learn the lessons about why worrying doesn't do any damn good. My favorite book quote of all time comes from a book I read in November 2015, A Time to Love. In the book a grandmother told her granddaughter: "Worrying is arrogant because God knows what he is doing." I need to learn that lesson and quit being so arrogant. In the end it will be what it will be. The end of the story has already been written.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Listening to all the news this past weeks about the horrendous effects of the hurricanes makes me realize how lucky and blessed I am in the life I am living. I need to stop and give thanks for the things I have. A roof over my head, enough food to eat, electricity, hot water, a car to drive, and all my family to love. We have everything one could want. Today I am grateful. What about you??