Monday, September 25, 2017

Currently...the LAST week of September









Outside my window...

We are getting rain today! Lots and lots of rain. My backyard looked like a lake for a short time this morning. It has now all soaked into the ground. We really needed the rain. It is currently 63* From looking at the weather forecast we should be rainy through tomorrow. 


Pondering..

I'm pondering how things are going for the high school students. They have no power there. Harley notified me at 10:00 this morning. I have the lights on in the house because it is so dark outside. I wonder how they are fairing over there. This age of kids doesn't know too much about going without power. They are probably burning through cell phone batteries like crazy!



Watching...

I finished watching all the previous seasons of Scandal on Netflix. I haven't watched this show from the beginning. It wasn't one that Richard wanted to watch. And we all know about men and their control over the remotes. Don't we? So I am all caught up and ready to watch the final season when it starts up in early October. I am also binging on Grey's Anatomy. There are (I think) 13 seasons. I didn't start watching this until the past couple of years either. It is interesting to go back and see where it all started. Do any of you watch these two shows?? And how about that finale of Big Brother, fellow Big Brother fans??? I was thrilled because I was NOT a 'Paul fan.'


Reading...

I finished reading The Railwayman's Wife and will review it soon. I am still listening to Hillary's book, What Happened, and I have started reading Matterhorn, by Karl Marlantes. It is a (big) novel about the Viet Nam war.

 
Learning...

This week, along with my friends from Do Not Depart, we have started memorizing and learning about Deuteronomy 30:11-20. As I have told you before I love to memorize. And doing it with friends makes it much more fun. 



Planning....

We don't have many plans for this week. Harley is busy with her pre-clinical (getting ready to start clinical in the nursing home for the CNA class) and she starts driving with the driving instructor tomorrow night and does that for the next week plus one day next week. Thankfully, I am not driving her to any of these events!


Drinking....

Today I am enjoying my second cup of breakfast blend coffee with a splash of French Vanilla Cream. Doesn't get better than that. And I am loving my Keurig!



What's in the kitchen...

Monday...leftovers
Tuesday...Goulash
Wednesday...Harley eats at church
Thursday...Chicken and dressing casserole
Friday...Green Bean soup
Saturday...Chicken Cordon Blue
Sunday...Tacos




A quote to share...






Photos to share...


Granny and Paige

Uncle Justin and Harley

Harley driving

My dad 1946
My mom 1946

A final thought...

Harley and I drove to Wichita yesterday evening to eat out with Justin and Paige. Justin has been very busy with being security at kids' football games (sad they have to have security in this day and age but parents are crazy) and Paige works on the weekends. So we have to struggle to find a day we can all get together. We ate at Texas Roadhouse and it was really good. I just finished the leftovers for my lunch today!




26 comments:

  1. I've never watched Big Brother but my son loves the show and keeps telling me I need to watch all the seasons. I do watch Survivor on Hulu - from season 1. I'm at 23 now. I never watched it before, thinking I wouldn't like it, but I love it. Wish I had known when I was 10 years younger, I would of tried out for the show. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watch Survivor too. Anxious to start watching the new season which starts tonight! I don't know that I could ever survive on any kind of reality show. I'm too outspoken!

      Delete
  2. I love Big Brother! I've watched every episode since the very first one. I know not everyone is a Paul fan, but I like him. He's funny, and he played everyone the whole season without ever going on the block. Out of him and Josh, I thought he deserved to win. Seems I was in the minority, but that's ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like Paul at all. Not last season and even more so this season. The way he prompted people to bully others to get them out just rubbed me the wrong way. But I respect your view!

      Delete
  3. I wonder if Christmas would have won if Josh hadn't sent her to the Jury House. I was not a fan of Paul. Glad you are loving your Keurig! Great family pix to share! Your folks were both tall? Your menu sounds great. I like to eat chicken the most, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Christmas would have won. But you never know. I am surprised you are a fan. I don't know why! Yes, my parents were tall! All of us kids but one are tall. My sis is just 5'5"

      Delete
  4. I too, love Big Brother. I was unhappy with the final 3, none of them deserved it. I thought it was really funny that Cody won fan favorite, I didn't expect that! :) I hope the Celebrity edition has some fun people on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been seeing on the Internet that Cody was in the running for fan favorite. I think most voted for him because of the treatment Paul instigated on his behalf. And the fact he was an ex Marine! I am curious to see the Celebrity list.

      Delete
  5. Leftovers? We LOVE Texas Roadhouse and it's all I can do not to lick the plate. LOL.
    I wish my h.s. classes were as interesting as Harley's sounds.

    In the beginning, Grey's Anatomy was Appointment Television. Then, when a cast feud resulted in the black actor (?) leaving the show I grew miffed. Soon another favorite was killed off (no spoiler alerts from me, girlfriend!) ... and when the writers introduced girl/girl romance I bid the whole freakin' lot g'bye. Ya, I'm an old fuddy-duddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read about the feud with the black actor. Sounds like he got himself into a bit of trouble with his mouth!? Not good in this day and age of political correctness. I haven't gotten to the part with the girl/girl romance but that seems to be a big thing in these times. I'm kind of old fashioned there too. But I'm trying to be open minded

      Delete
  6. Didn't get into Scandal or Grey's Anatomy. Isn't it cool how you can go back and catch up on things so easily nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is awesome. And it makes watching the shows all at once so much fun! No waiting for the cliff hangers!

      Delete
  7. Hi Paula,
    I enjoyed reading your post today. And I'm wondering, where are you again? You mentioned traveling to Wichita and eating at the Texas Roadhouse. Send us some rain down here in Austin, will ya?

    I'm a Scandal fan and also a Grey's Anatomy fan. Have been watching both series since the beginning. I'm interested to see how the final season of The Scnndal will shake out. Should be interesting!

    How is Hillary's book "What Happened"? She's coming to Austin in a few weeks to do a book signing at a local bookstore. I got the email announcement and promptly went to the site to buy tickets to the event and it was already sold out! It must have sold out in minutes. I'm disappointed but on the other hand, I did call because the email said it was a "book signing only" and I wanted to confirm if that meant that for sure she wouldn't be giving a talk. And no, no talk. So I'm okay missing out on the book signing. Would certainly be nice to be able to meet her and exchange a few words with her but the place is probably going to be mobbed anyway and the parking will surely be a nightmare. So I'll just get the book. Is the audio version her speaking? I watched Chris Hayes interview with her on his show tonight. Did you see it?

    Have a great week Paula.

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele I live in Hutchinson, Kansas. Just about 50 miles from Wichita which is where my youngest son and his daughter live. We have had some good rain. I'm interested in seeing the final season of Scandal too. So many of the Washington characters seem to be represented on the show. I am enjoying Hillary's book so far. She certainly has some valid points in What Happened! We all saw it happen!

      Delete
  8. Texas Roadhouse is a favorite of ours; glad you were able to see Justin and Paige and enjoy a good meal together! How exciting with what is going on with Harley and all the things in her life; preparing for life beyond high school! I know about husbands and remotes, LOL. Recently got a free 30 day trial for Netflix and then continued it on at their cheapest service they offer. Been binge watching series here and there that hubby wouldn't have been interested in. Always good to get rain indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was our first time to Texas Roadhouse. Well Harley and my first time. Justin and Paige have been. It was a good meal. You need to get yourself your own TV Betty. It will change your life! Ha ha! Maybe watch some of the shows on your breaks from work, while hubby is gone. Yes, this rain was much needed.

      Delete
  9. Hi Paula - sounds like life is rolling along with all the comings and goings - glad you got to meet up as a family - well those who could. Driving - good for Harley and good luck to her for her training ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just happy to have someone else drive with her. Ha! Ha!

      Delete
  10. Hope Harley's driving goes well. I love Grey's Anatomy but I think the earlier series of Scandel were better although I still watch it. I also enjoy Madam Secretary. Gave up on Big Brother a long time ago especially the celebrity version- hadn't heard of most of them lol. Have a good week Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Madam Secretary too. I don't know that I will watch the celebrity version of Big Brother. Have they announced the celebs?

      Delete
  11. Glad you are enjoying your Keurig. I am thinking of getting one with its own filter so I can stop using water from the fridge. Those fridge filters are expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use bottled water in my Keurig. Our tap water is awful. Too much chlorine!

      Delete
  12. I have watched all the episodes of both Scandal and Grey's Anatomy that Netflix had to offer. Both were good and kept me wanting to watch more. Glad you like the Keurig. Thankfully I'm once again enjoying mine. It's nice you could get together with some of your family for dinner. They certainly brighten our lives. We need rain here and it's very hot in the 90's for a couple of days yet, I'm looking forward to cooler days. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt that I will get all caught up with Grey's before the new season starts. I can't believe it's been on so long. Hope your week is wonderful!

      Delete
  13. We watched most of Grey Anatomy but then lost interest at some point. My hubby snooze watches most things with me. 😉 So I get the remote!
    I'm very interested in Hillary's book. I will most likely buy it. The washington Post just had a scathing op ed about how the press fell down about properly investigating that email scam. Oh how the powers that be like to bird dog us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no doubt the press played a huge part in Hillary's loss. How people could have voted for Trump will always be a mystery to me.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!