Friday, August 25, 2017

Dear Friday

As another Friday sneaks into our view I have some letters to write.

Dear Friday:


Today we are watching for a hurricane to soon reach the coast of Texas and possibly Louisiana. You know I have a brother in Louisiana so my concerns are for him. He tells me is pretty far from the areas which will be affected but will still have rains and mild winds. I have blogging friends in the Texas area. I am not sure where exactly they are located but I offer my prayers for them and for all those in the paths of Harvey. 

Dear Justin:

You know how much I appreciate all that you do for our family! You have stepped up when you didn't have to. You worry along with me and help me reach solutions that will be for the betterment of all of us. I have leaned on you so much in the past few years. I am blessed to have you as the wonderful son you are. Paige is blessed to have you as her father. Darian and Harley are blessed that you stepped up and became the father they needed. We all love you so much. And I will always remember we are #TeamMaxfield. You make my gratitude list every single day!!!

Have a good, safe weekend everyone!

16 comments:

  1. I am with you on prayers for those in the path of the hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for those in the storm's path ... and peace officers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending good thoughts to those in the way of the hurricane. Scary stuff. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of Justin the other night when there were not so peaceful demonstrators when the president was in town and demonstrators (or are they protesters, the news people could never quite differentiate between the two). Anyway, I digress. Those exercising their freedom to demonstrate/protest didn't like the fact after the rally was over when the police asked them to start clearing the area and they started throwing things at the police, prompting the police (wisely) to go into their tactics for riot control, including spraying tear gas into the crowd. One man (you probably saw it on the news) threw back a tear gas canister to the police. He was later arrested for his actions (posting his achievements on social medial is probably not the best way if you don't want to draw attention to yourself). Anyway, an interview before he got arrested he said he was peacefully demonstrating (I'm thinking peaceful includes throwing things at police? Maybe I have a different definition for peaceful). I prayed for the police before the rally. They really put their lives in danger every time they show up for their shift. Justin is a great testimony of a good policeman and an honorable man, son, father. What a blessing he is to you all!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty! Yes, I think the police did what they could to keep the rally in Phoenix calm after the President of the United States did all that he could to rile them up. Sad!

      Delete
  5. Hi Paula - the Hurricane is worrying ... I sincerely hope it won't be too devastating for people. Lovely letter you've written to Justin - great family ... well done - all the best Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother has missed out on the hurricane! All is well with him.

      Delete
  6. Praying for those in Texas as I've some family there and will pray for your brother and all those feeling the effects of the hurricane. Hope your weekend is a good one too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Texas will need our prayers for many years to come!

      Delete
  7. How wonderful that you have such a wonderful son! You are blessed:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy that you have Justin to help you through life. Adult children can be such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to have him too. He has certainly been a Godsend!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!