Friday, August 4, 2017

Dear Friday



Dear Friday:

Many of those around me are anticipating the weekend. So many fun things to accomplish. Resting and relaxing from their busy schedules. Not me. No siree! All my days are like Friday now. Or Saturday and Sunday. I'm retired and that is one of the benefits of being retired. One of the much anticipated rewards! So there!


Dear Creators of EZMoves:

Love!
Such a brilliant creation. Harley and I deep cleaned her room this week. We purchased a little vanity table for her and we needed to make room. So the dresser (which started out many, many, many years ago as the dresser for Papa's baby clothes...yep, old) is going to find a new home in my dining room. But that thing is really heavy. And just Harley and me were home. Then I remembered my cousin buying me these awesome little foam sliders. And biz, bang, boo that dresser became the easiest thing in the world to move down the hallway and into the dining room. Now to repaint it and make it into a cabinet for my craft supplies. Thank you creators of EZMoves.

Dear Mother Nature:

I feel like I write a letter to you every week for one reason or another. But today's weather is W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L. At 10:00 a.m. it is only 66* outside. And that, my friend, is great. And it really is August. Thank you Mother Nature.

Dear Producers of Big Brother TV Show:

This is the worst season of TV bullying I have seen ever. I cannot believe someone hasn't stepped in and put a stop to it yet. And I can't tear my eyes away from the train wreck of a show. I guess that is why it is still so popular. To all my fellow BB fans, what say you? Looking ahead to Sunday!



24 comments:

  1. Wow, that is nice to see a product that actually works as advertised! Would love to see a picture of that dresser! An antique for sure! Glad too the weather is nice and cool for a summer day; hope it stays like that for a few more days!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will show before and after pictures (if I remember to take the befores) when I redo the chest.

      Delete
  2. I liked being retired, but living out in the country there wasn't much to do unless I drove to the nearest town. I decided to get a part time job and I love it. I only work 3 1/2 - 4 hours a day with 2-3 days off each week. It's perfect for me. Plus I get a lot of steps and strength training.

    I love EZMoves! Our weather is still hot and humid, and rainy.

    I love Big Brother and Paul is one of my favorite's ever. For some reason I just think he's hilarious. But I agree, most all of them are acting ridiculous this season. But I think it's the most entertaining season yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten to the point when I am bored yet Vicki but I might! I want Paul to be voted out. But that isn't a secret is it??

      Delete
  3. Retirement may be grand, but being out of work stinks! We had a couple of days of milder temps, but nothing that low. It was SO NICE! I don't like any reality TV. I watch TV and read to escape reality.
    Visit me at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that being out of work does stink!

      Delete
  4. I'm going to look for that EZMoves! Tom tried putting those little cork squares under some of our wooden furniture ... with abysmal (UGLY) results.

    Because we've a dresser desperately in need of some TLC, I'll be interested in what you use to transform Richard's chest of drawers. (BTW, Kim over at SnugHarborBay.blogspot.com is a whizzz at rescuing and transforming olden furniture.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The EZMoves are fantastic. I have moved a huge China cabinet almost by myself with them. Thanks for the link. She does some awesome work. I might go with a sea blue color! Haven't decided yet!

      Delete
  5. I have wondered if those movers really work.
    That is exactly my thought, Jess and Cody are being bullied, I suppose it makes great ratings. I wonder how much is producer involvement? Josh should be thrown out on his ear along with Paul. I think Jess should win...I like that Rodeo Clown too mostly and the old guy may sneak through :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you in wanting Josh and Paul out. I wonder too about the producers involvement. It has to be quite a bit. The show gets too predictable at times.

      Delete
  6. I would have thought after last November you had realized that bullying in in. Perfectly OK to do it. Stop being such a snowflake - god I hate that word. I do not watch BB, never have, but any show with bullies is way off my TV list. I grew up around kids who bullied others and couldn't wait to get out of that neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the word 'snowflake' too! Except when I call my grandkids that. But I don't use it in the same way the Republicans call Democrats. Bullying is a serious issue in this country.

      Delete
  7. Hi Paula - well done on moving that chest ... they sound good things to have around. While Mother Nature is amazing .. the wonders of the natural world. Cannot stand BB ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You are not alone in not being able to stand BB. It is entertaining to me. (Most of the time)

      Delete
  8. Yes, being retired does make the days seem the same, except for my Sundays. It's a day of rest and renewal. Going to church and relaxing all day is a must for me. No work is allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you managed to get the dresser moved - we'll need before and after pics of your renovation. I watched Big Brother a lot when it first aired but now they just seem to have to do shocking things to keep the ratings up and I've got bored with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it does get worse every season. Some of the people they find just leave me shaking my head!

      Delete
  10. I agree with your thoughts on BB. It seems like the show is saying that bullying is okay by not stepping in and putting a stop to it. So sad that they're sending this message. Especially to younger viewers. The show seems very scripted this year.
    Kathy (Reflections by Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I've got the song "Everyday is like Sunday" stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to check out those ez slides. Moving furniture gets harder and harder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been extremely helpful to me!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!