Monday, August 14, 2017

Currently...My Life List









Outside my window...


We are having a beautiful, almost fall-like, day here in Kansas. The current temp is only 74* What?? It's August mother nature. Have you forgotten. They skies are partly cloudy. Thunderstorms are predicted for Tuesday. YaY! Love that free water for the lawn.
*I started this post yesterday


Pondering..

I am pondering the week ahead. We are going to take a little road trip on Monday to eat dinner with Justin. Paige is coming over on Tuesday to spend the night. She starts school on Thursday. (her senior year too!) On Wednesday Harley's youth group at church will be having their Back 2 School paint party. (where they paint each other) and Friday is Harley's first day of the last year of high school. Is that a YaY? Or sad? Can't decide.



Watching...

We joined the millions of people who have Netflix and I have been binge-watching Scandal. Love the show. But I have only watched it the last few years. Also, have Grey's Anatomy on my check list. And I even made a spread in my Bullet journal to keep track of my watching. Now to limit my time in front of the TV. LOL! Not gonna happen.





Reading...

Still with the same books and audios from last week. Reading Drawn by James Hankins. And I am determined to finish listening to Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos on my Nook audio before I move on to anything else. I am enjoying the book. I just don't make time for listening and I need to remedy that!

 

Creating...

Creating bullet journal spreads. And loving the fun of pencil and paper. Do any of you like to draw, color, paint?



Learning...

I haven't yet learned this but I need to. I have to create a schedule for myself that I am willing to follow. It is so easy to keep putting things off for tomorrow. 


Drinking....

The store was out of Turkey Hill Peach Tea this week so they substituted my order with Snapple Peach tea. Not the same but it will do. Harley says she likes it better. She said it tastes like "sucking on a peach." 



What's in the kitchen...

Monday....eating in Wichita with Justin
Tuesday...Paige will be here
Wednesday...salad
Thursday...Ham and cheese sandwiches
Friday....Crunchy Taco Casserole
Saturday...TBA
Sunday...TBA




A quote to share...



On my camera...


getting senior pictures started
with Heather

Heather took this picture
as we left the field
it is now my screensaver




On my dining table





A final thought....

I am sad about this last week in our great country. We need to find a way to accept EVERYBODY. We need to avoid war at all costs. I hope we will soon see a President that will try to unite this country and stop

provoking people to hate and fight in wars. God Bless America!!

goggle image






26 comments:

  1. I love your photos! They really are needed in this dark time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well having seen your bullet journal on a recent post I've been busy googling and trying to see how I can make that system work for me. I'm not very creative so I don't think mine will ever look pretty and I already had a project book on the go which I'm adapting to use for now. I'd like to have a shiny new book but it would be such a waste and so much info would have to be copied over that I decided not to do that now. Plus I need to stop watching all the Youtube tutorials etc and actually get things done lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no creative either Wendy! But I have been having some fun with the bullet journal. I must admit that I laughed at your last comment. I need to stop doing that too!

      Delete
  3. I love all your sunflower photos! Such a happy flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the sunflower photos. What fabulous shots! They look wonderful on your table too. I plan to take some sunflowers to a colleague on Wednesday. It's that time of year. I do not color, draw, or paint. I don't have the knack. Interestingly, I got a little free planner as an educational perk and the outside front covoer has a design to be colored. Sadly, it will probably remain an outline for the entire school year. Can I send it your way to be colored...before the school starts? :-) I LOVE to listen to audio books! I get my housework done and books at the same time! Hope you're having a great Monday dinner out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello gram! Yes we got some good shots in the sunflower field. The ones Heather took are awesome. I am getting into the audio books too.!

      Delete
  5. I hope your dinner with Justin was great fun!
    It may sound all "Hallmark", but I'm seriously captivated by the sunflowers. Love how you've incorporated them in your home, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great dinner out with Justin!

      Delete
  6. ...The Sunday of summer. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sunflowers on your table :) Already it is darker in the mornings and evenings then just a few short weeks ago. Kids are back to school so I guess that quote is a good one! How exciting for both Paige and Harley to be seniors (I think I might have known that before but it didn't dawn on me until I read it again). A year of lasts. Last time of the first day of school as a high schooler, last football game as a high schooler, etc. But an exciting year with possibilities of moving on and getting on with their lives in the years to come. Wishing them both a successful year!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Paige and Harley are only 3 months apart in age.

      Delete
  8. Hi Paula - have a lovely time with Justin and the girls ... enjoy - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunflowers are at the top of my list when it comes to flowers. I loved your pictures. So true about August benign the Sunday of summer. I am loving the beautiful weather we've been having. I'm treasuring every moment. That picture of eye is awesome. We need to remember united we stand! Divided we fall. I've always been proud to live in this country and the values we have stood for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do need to stand united. Regardless of what the POTUS is trying to do. We need to unite!

      Delete
  10. I hope you have a great time with the kids this week!

    I used to have Hulu but I didn't like it much so I switched to Netflix, and am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving Netflix too. We had it once before and I canceled it. We will see how much I can get done though!!

      Delete
  11. Have a great visit with Justin. Hard to believe school is starting up already. This is going to be a very exciting year for Harley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting year yes. Exasperating for grandma! LOL

      Delete
  12. Beautiful pictures!! I cant believe Harley is a senior- wow!
    I agree with our world now. its just so sad. Have a great rest of your week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't believe she is a senior either. Hope the rest of your week is amazing.

      Delete
  13. How wonderful to have photos taken in a Sunflower Field!! You girls last year of High School mixed emotions....I suppose happy and sad all mixed together. A milestone for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly happy! I can't really say that I am sad. Not at this time anyway!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!