Monday, June 26, 2017

Yikes It is Soon July Life List!!

LOOKING OUT MY WINDOW....

The weather, today, in Kansas is CRAZY!! It is only 66* right now and that is our high for today! Usually we are around 90+ at this time of the year. I'm sure we will see some changes this next week. It is cloudy too. And we have occasional spits of rain. I know that because I have a little four-legged visitor that has to have walks outside. And every time I take him out it is spitting!! (edited: today it is already 79* on the way to a high of 85*)
Alowishus


AS I PONDER....

So, so much to ponder today. I have a leak under the dishwasher. My son took it apart and discovered it is something he can't do so he recommends a plumber. But while trying to turn the shut off valve under the sink off that too developed a leak. So I guess I'll call a plumber tomorrow. Might as well get an estimate for the outside water spigot while he's here. Some days I hate being an adult!!
(Plumber has been called and will be here tomorrow)


WHAT I AM LEARNING...

What fun it must have been to be a teenager with not a care in the world. And how I wanted to hurry and grow up. I wanted to be an adult. I wanted to be treated like an adult. And now what I would give to be that carefree 15 year old again!!


WHAT I 'M CREATING...

I haven't done much in the creating department. I am watching some You Tube videos on creating a padded headboard. That will be in the works soon. And then I will share that "big surprise" with you. Haha! It's not really that big of a deal. But it is something I have been talking about for a long time.


WHAT I'M READING....

I am currently listening to Jodi Picoult's novella Larger Than Life. A very nice story so far. 




WHAT I'M WATCHING...

I have been watching 90-Day Fiance. What a show this one is. They meet their intended (from another country)  and then bring them to the USA on a K-1 Visa and have to marry them within 90 days for the foreigner to receive their green card.  



WHAT I'M HEARING...


I am currently listening to the A/C running, the microwave cooking my spaghetti squash (lunch) and the health care debate on MSNBC. 



WHAT'S ON MY CAMERA...


Brother Chuck

Kansas Sunset

lunch baked sweet potato with poached eggs

Paige and Darin in Georgia




WHAT I'M DRINKING....

I'm getting ready to make myself a large glass of peach tea to go with my spaghetti squash. 


WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE KITCHEN...


Monday...Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

Tuesday...Hot dogs

Wednesday..Sloppy Joes and Macaroni salad

Thursday...Three Cheese macaroni casserole

Friday...Grilled chicken salad

Saturday...biscuits and gravy 

Sunday...Beef stroganoff 


A QUOTE I WANT TO SHARE...









A peek into my week....

Another busy week ahead...Harley is off from one of her jobs today but I need to pick up groceries. I will do that when I pick her up from swim lessons (she teaches them in the early evenings). Tomorrow she works at McDonald's only. On Wednesday and Thursday she works the early shifts at McDonald's and then the evening swim lessons. And Friday afternoon she leaves with the church youth group for Nashville. That will be their first stop off place on their way to South Florida. Next week I'll give you a look at their schedule so you can see what kinds of 'give back' things they will be doing. 





A final thought...

So proud of my soldier boy! He bought his first car this week and paid in cash. He got a 2012 Chevy Malibu. He and four of his new Army buddies went to Nashville for the weekend. Ah those growing up years. Would you like to live them over?? Me, either!

I'd turn this the right way but I can't!


28 comments:

  1. Yes, I'd give anything to be 23 again! Love your quote!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to be 23 again. I was already married and getting ready to birth my second kid. I want to go all the way back to 15. And stay there. I don't want to go through all those years of "hard" again!

      Delete
    2. 15 would be GRAND! Oh, now I'm going to have to give that some thought.

      Delete
    3. Ha! Ha! Don't you love it when that happens?

      Delete
  2. Oh, how I agree that being an adult is hard! I was talking to a friend recently about having to make every single decision (big and small) all day every day. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most days adulting isn't worth it!
    Cute car. And I so wish we had 66 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about the adulting days!!

      Delete
  4. Hi, Chuck! (Handsome fella. Thanks for sharing this, Paula ... I can definitely see the resemblance.)
    I've never tried making spaghetti squash ... is it easy?/tasty?

    'Was just thinking about your 'big surprise' yesterday. Don't keep us in suspense much longer, please?

    Congrats to your soldier boy on his new car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes spaghetti squash is easy. Just cut it in half, scoop out the innards and microwave until it is soft. Scrape it out and enjoy. Some like it with spaghetti sauce. I like it with just butter, salt, and pepper.

      Delete
  5. It is cool here too. So far this year I have paid the plumber to fix three toilets, one tub faucet, one shower door latch, and installed a new outdoor faucet. I should have studied plumbing cause they sure are expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Egads that is a lot of plumber visits!

      Delete
  6. Yea for Darian buying his first car!! Son has a 2012 Malibu (we won't say who paid for it, LOL). So proud of Darian!! So excited for Harley and her upcoming trip! Sweet potatoes and poached eggs; sounds delicious! I surely don't know why we wanted to grow up, we sure had the life before didn't we, when we didn't have much expected of us. Frankly, I don't know why little ones fight naps so much. I'd give anything for a 2 hour nap in the afternoon :)

    Good luck with your plumbing stuff. Hope all can be done at a reasonable cost.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. And you voiced my thoughts exactly!

      Delete
  7. Way to go, nice when young adults can buy their own wheels! I watched the 90 Day Fiancee thing one night where it didn't work out and she kept bawling..so sad. Some women are just clueless. Big Brother starts soon, my DVR will catch it ...maybe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to think if I want to watch Big Brother or not. I don't have a DVR and I don't know if I want to dedicate that much of my summer to the show. I have heard that both Paul and Frankie may return!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

      Delete
  8. Seems home ownership and being an adult always means there is something to be done. I know you are proud of that boy! Would you believe I posted a sunset picture today?!
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a busy week and kick off for July too. Hope your plumber gets everything fixed for you. It's always something... We are very cool here too for a few days, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. We got way too hot there for awhile. Will be interested to see just what that big surprise is. Hope your week is a great one! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ma. We are enjoying the cooler temps too!

      Delete
  10. I have never had sweet potato and poached egg, but I think I'll try it. My oldest granddaughter's car just went kaput, so she bought a newish car.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, the 'kids' should grow quickly. And that grand son of yours is one to be proud of. I remember the days when my son joined the Marines. That was over 20 years ago - the time just gets away from us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time does seem to fly doesn't it, Elaine!

      Delete
  12. Hope you get all your plumbing issues sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are NOT sorted out yet. Still waiting!

      Delete
  13. There are days I don't want to adult too!!! Hope the leak is an easy (non costly) repair!! Your menu sounds yummy too!!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be great if we could pick and chose our adulting days?

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!