Thursday, June 29, 2017

June Favorites

I know that I say this every single month but it is true. I cannot believe another month has zipped by. Time for me to talk about my favorites for the month.
Love

For the past couple of months I have gotten generous samples from Roc Multi-Correxion 5 in 1 anti-aging face cream. I am in LOVE! This moisturizer has smoothed out some of the fine lines on my face as it hydrates. And the best thing is it is a drug store product. Which means it won't break the bank when I run out of samples. And it has a SPF 30 to boot.

cute little scrubbies

While we are talking about face care I have to share a wonderful item I found recently at Dollar Tree. (I love that store)! These are Lil' Scrubbies Two Pack facial cleaning pads. They are made out of silicon and have little nubs that will massage, scrub, and deep cleanse your skin. I actually picked them up for Harley to try and she raved so much about them that I had to try the other one. I am in love. And cheap enough I can replace them often! They are not harsh on the skin like brushes and wash clothes. So nice.

Now for some Yummies! I have fallen in love with Snack Factory Pretzel Chips. I have tried two flavors: original and Everything. My favorite is Everything. These are a light pretzel crisp sprinkled with sesame seeds, garlic, poppy seeds, and onion. You can eat 11 of them for 110 calories. Not too bad. I love them dipped in Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Hard to eat just 11, though! 




Yummy
Now for a new drink we discovered this month. We got to try it for free as a Kroger Friday Freebie. I love testing new products for free. Don't you. This one is called Mocktails from Ocean Spray. We tried the Tropical Citrus Paradise. Yummy! It is non-alcoholic but a little rum added would make it a real cocktail. 1 cup has 90 calories. Which isn't too bad in my opinion. This flavor was grapefruit and pineapple juice and a underlying flavor of coconut water. It is really delicious!!

A few months ago I decided to try the Dollar Shave Club.  I ordered "the Executive" which is a razor with 6 blades!! I love these razors. I have been a user of the Venus razor for a number of years, but these are way better. The club allows you to order your blades to be delivered as often as you would like to have them delivered. You will receive 4 replacement blades with your order. I also got a sample of shave butter which is very
the Executive
nice but I won't reorder because soap works just as well for me. Harley fell in love with my razor and we are now waiting on her handle to arrive with my next blade order. The two of us should be able to order blades every two months or so. And that will equal what we are spending on the current Venue razors.
Very nice razors.

I have been enjoying using the Audible app, on my phone, this summer. The cost is $14.99 month (a bit pricey for me but I get so much enjoyment out of books that I have splurged for now). I joined free for one-month. You receive 1 credit per month and use that to buy from a large selection of audio books. You don't have to use all the credits each month and are allowed to rollover up to 6 credits. You may cancel your membership at anytime. Even after the first free month. I've done that before and was still allowed another free month later on when I wanted to try it again. The books are about 30% cheaper than if you bought them without being a member. I haven't needed to use customer service but I have seen rave reviews about them. Do you like to listen to books??

The most favorite thing I enjoyed in June wasn't a thing at all. It was this guy! Getting to spend a whole day with him rejuvenated me for the entire month!!


Now it is your turn. Have you tried any of these products? Do you have any favorites from June you would like to share?


26 comments:

  1. Audible also has what's called a "Silver" membership--that is one credit every other month for $14.

    Also, check your public library for their online library, I've been getting audios there, too (for free!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get to the public library soon! Thanks for the advice Kwiz!

      Delete
  2. I love pretzel crisps. So does Charlie. If you don't grab the container they are in, he will eat them all. I usually have mine with a Skinny Cow cheese wedge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I love the Skinny Cow cheese too!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! When I read about the pretzel crisps and hummus, I thought you had seen what I had just eaten for dinner tonight! Yum. I have no June favorites to share...unless sitting barefooted with my feet up and doing absolutely nothing in a quiet house counts. Been crazy busy in the workmpart of my work, sleep, and knit blogging break. The barefooted silence was a mental treat. Wishing you a Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sitting in a completely silent house is a great favorite. What will we do when it is like this all the time???

      Delete
  4. I forgot to mention that I am listening to The Second Mrs. Hockaday this evening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

      Delete
  5. Those Pretzel Crisps look like something I'd enjoy. Make mine an "everything", too! I'm going through a bottle Ocean Spray every week ... diet Cranberry, that is. Even it being 'diet', I have to mix it half-and-half with water to cut the sweet, in-your-face flavor. The grapefruit sounds so good! (That's one fruit flavor I adore.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a cranberry juice fan. But Harley sure is! I adore grapefruits too!

      Delete
  6. I like the plain Pretzel Crisps (blue bag). Dipped in cream cheese is even better!! Where did this month go???

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I like anything dipped in cream cheese!

      Delete
  7. Been using the Harry's razors for 2 years, find the had to beat. Ocean Spray only in Cranberry 100% juice, no sugar added. Drink less at home too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never heard of Harry razors. You know who is a Cranberry juice fan!!

      Delete
  8. I'll have to try the Roc face cream and Lil' Scrubbies.

    I found some of the Pretzel Crisps many years ago at Sam's Club and fell in love. My favorite is the Original. I have a bag of Everything in my pantry, but I'm not a fan of them. I love Sabra Hummus too.

    I've never seen the Ocean Spray Mocktails before.

    I use the Dorco Shai Soft Touch 6 blade razors. I love them. I ordered 48 blades I think, so I won't need any to order more for a while.

    I use the Playster.com app for unlimited books and audiobooks. $9.95 a month after a 30 day free trial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Mocktails are new. That's probably why I got it free!! I'll look into Playster. com Thank!!

      Delete
  9. I'm on the hunt for a new moisturizer. The one I've used for at least 30 years - was discontinued. I cried.... So many things irritate my skin - but this stuff worked so well! I'm still eeking out what I have left - and then, when not using that, I use Ponds, with a few drops of water mixed in.... So it is like the texture of the Elizabeth Arden stuff I used.
    I do like to listen to audio books - but only when I'm driving around in the car...

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is awful when they discontinue something I love!! Listening in the car is good!

      Delete
  10. My hubs is a pretzel fanatic and so we know very well those bags of goodness!!! I like them with bluecheese and pecan dip from Trader Joes. I've never seen the mocktails but I want some now!
    The moisturizer sounds great and I made a note to grab some soon.
    Thanks for all the tips. What a great picture of your grandson! He looks so grown up. I know you were so happy to see him.
    Have a great holiday weekend and be safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that dip sounds amazing. We do not have a Trader Joes though. :( Hope you are having a great weekend too. I found another copy of the book that was lost in the mail. I will be sending it to you soon!!!!

      Delete
  11. I'll have to find those face scrubbers.
    The only thing new for me this month was a pair of sandals. I bought them in May, but only now just started wearing them. So far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find them at Dollar Tree but I also saw them on Amazon! Just cost more there! Enjoying you on Twitter this week .)

      Delete
  12. You hsd me with the moisturizer and scrub pads. I've been happy with Boots -- also drugstore prices -- but may try this one when my moisturizer runs out. Boots hasn't done much for my lines. Fabulous picture of your grandson. Always enjoy seeing you stop by Buttercupland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little scrub pads feel so good!

      Delete
  13. I have never tried any of these, but I'm glad to have your recommendations!
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!