1. Can you tell I'm embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?
I do not know if we will celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Maybe Harley and I will go out to a local Mexican place for dinner! That sounds much better to me than pizza (which is on the menu). We love Mexican food. My favorite is tacos. With the crunchy shells. And I love all the beans. Rice, not so much. I go for the milder sauces. But my Harley likes it hot!!
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?
I have been to Mexico. A few times. We have stayed at resorts mostly. But I don't know about wanting to go again! Mexico is not the safest place in the world. Especially for Americans. Especially right now!! I loved my trip to Acapulco years ago with my favorite traveling companion, Richard! I recently read that Acapulco is Mexico's most dangerous city. How sad!
3. What's one thing you may accomplish this month?
I'm always afraid to say what is something I may accomplish. Because I may not. And I don't want to disappoint! So we'll just keep it a surprise!
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what's one thing you'd like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you've ever seriously considered?
If I were mayor of Hutchinson I would work on the streets. We have so many potholes it is ridiculous. But, no, I would never consider public office. People are so brutal. Especially in this day and age of the 'key board warriors'.
5. What's something that may be popular, but that you just don't get?
I just don't get selfies!!!
6. Can't let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in 'May the 4th be with you' ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being 'I've seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year', and 1 being, 'what's a Vader?' -where do you land?
I'm not a big fan of Star Wars. My sons were. And so is my grandson. We watched all the movies (back to back) before we went to Disney World in 2011. That was the highlight of the trip for Darian. I'm probably a 3 on that scale.
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?
You can read my fourth blog post here. I was telling my new readers things about me. I still love to read! And yes, I revisit this theme pretty often.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Life is just too short not to do all the things you love to do! None of us are promised tomorrow! So let's do that one thing today that we have been putting off!