Thursday, April 27, 2017

April's Favorite Things

I know I say this every month but I cannot believe it is already the end of the month. April literally flew by!! It seems like Harley and I just took our road trip and it has already been a month!! Yikes!!

Time for another Favorite Things post. These are some of the things that gave me joy in the month of April!



I bought this while we were in Oklahoma. It is from Bath and Body Works and I love it!! The fragrance is a "blend of lemon, sugared mint, and fresh verbena" (these are the words from the website). It is infused into a rich shea butter cream. I love how it feels and I adore the smell. Try it! You won't be disappointed.


I am obsessed with these candies! I buy them from the Dollar Tree and you get 10 ounces for $1. That is quite a few of these delightful, flavorful, fat-free pieces of pure Heaven. I have one in my mouth right now. And my candy dish by the front door is filled with them. So help yourself to one as you leave. 




Harley and I have jumped into "sandwich season" here at our house. And I have discovered a new bread! Sandwich Thins
are the best. And only 100 calories. We love them!!




And while we are talking about favorite things to eat, I am obsessed with Taco Bell's Taco salad with taco meat!! Yum! I could eat one of these every day of the week. It is only $5.39 and fills me up. Not the most nutritional thing I've eaten this month. But maybe the tastiest!! 



Lol! After eating the Mexican food I might need some relief from heartburn and these are the best things I have ever found to relieve it quickly!! You get fast relief and it doesn't taste gritty or chalky! Trust me. I have tried a variety of different things for heartburn and this is seriously the best. (P.S. I don't have heartburn often but I keep these on hand. They also work for any kind of upset stomach)



This is really the best medicine in the world....








This is my favorite new Christmas ornament. But until Christmas it hangs from my mirror in the car. I bought it here. Reminds me to think of Darian and say a little prayer for him and all of military every single day. (Like I need a reminder) Isn't it adorable??



And while we are speaking of the military I got these adorable cards in the mail yesterday thanking for my small donation to the Disabled American Veterans. This top card reminds me of Darian, Paige and Harley when they were younger. They will be perfect for sending notes to my SIT. (soldier in training)



Now if we want to talk about wasting time (I call it destressing) this is my favorite new download for my iPhone this month. It is called "Best Fiends". I can waste a bit of time on this game. Especially as I wait for Harley to get off work. It's fun!!I'm not that good at it. But I try.

That's all folks!! These are just some of my favorite things in April. What are some of yours??

28 comments:

  1. Love those note cards - your SIT will love them too, I am sure!

    Favourite things in April? Signs of spring and new life. Easter. My daughter's birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The note cards are adorable, aren't they! My birthday is April too!!

      Delete
  2. Amusing and enlightening. And why does mexican food get all the bad rep!? Most of it really is very healthy compared to other fast foods out there. Precious military trinkets!

    My favs? Since I am job hunting, I'd say Zip Recruiter is my favorite job website so far.

    Our new smoked bacon we picked up is pretty awesome.

    New roses blooming. Kate Jasmines blooming....few on dining table make the house smell grand.

    Blessings all around!

    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not just Mexican food that gives me heartburn. Usually pop does. And sometimes bread! I hope you get a job soon! And smoked bacon really sounds good. As does blooming roses. I miss our rose garden from years ago!!

      Delete
  3. I lovvvvve Taco Bell's taco meat. (Drooling!)
    That Limoncello certainly sounds refreshing; perfect for summer. I could probably just sit inhaling that fragrance and feel cooler already.

    April favorites? Man, I gotta ponder that ... but I know it's NOT the new Samsung 8. (Banging head against wall.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a perfect summer scent. Did you upgrade to a Samsung? I had a bit of a problem when I went from a Droid to my iPhone but now I wouldn't have anything but!

      Delete
  4. I need to make a trip to Bath & Body Works this weekend--I will check out that lotion scent.

    Very fun list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the smell. Harley says it smells like Pledge to her! Silly girl!

      Delete
    2. Count me in B & B is a girl's best friend. Pampering one self is so important. I tend to be the type of person who thinks the more you do the better you become. But in fact, self care and dressing your best and slowing down are very important things to do.

      http://theglobaldig.blogspot.com/2017/04/x-is-for-x-ordinary-words-on-books.html

      Delete
  5. I just discovered spinners. And I want one. (I'll be talking about this new fad next week.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to find out what a spinner is!!

      Delete
  6. What an awesome ornament! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the cutest little boot with such cute little Army things stuck inside. I love it in my car and it will always represent his basic training year on our Christmas tree!!

      Delete
  7. I'm going to have to try that Taco Bell salad. We went there a few months ago after having not been there for a bit and hubby ordered their box special for 5 dollars. It had so much food in it, he had trouble finishing it all! Great deals indeed! Such a cute Christmas ornament; I think its great you found a place to display it before Christmas comes along! I did help myself to a candy on the way out, yummy and thanks!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, Taco Bell is one of our favorite fast food places!!

      Delete
  8. Hi Paula - love the best thing in the world ... a grandchild's kiss. The little ornament - excellent and so much fun to see ... while your remembrances for Darian and all who serve are wonderful ... cheers Hilary

    http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/x-is-for-x-war-facts.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you today Hilary! Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

      Delete
  9. I have the limoncello hand lotion on my kitchen counter. I love that store. I've been eating those sandwich thins for years. I catered a lunch once back when I was still working and served the thins. Folks went crazy for them. First thing every morning for way longer than I care to recall I take my antacid medication. I'm glad you only have to deal with it occasionally. And you are very right about the grandchild's kiss. Yesterday when my son picked up Charlie he told him to give me a kiss like he always dopes and Charles came over and took my hand and kissed it like a Frenchman. I have no idea where he picked that up. He's only 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is 'does' not 'dopes', lol.

      Delete
    2. Those sandwich thins are the best aren't they! I'm not much of a bread eater so the less bread the better. Charlie sounds adorable!

      Delete
  10. April just flew by here,too. The boot ornament is precious and is a good reminder to focus our prayers.
    Tacobell Taco salad is delicious. I just don't eat it anymore. Lol. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you Zippi! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  11. I can't quite believe that April has gone too, Paula but I like the fact that you remember and post things to show what happened. I have a bottle of the real Limoncello sitting on my shelf - a gift from my No 1 son - maybe when it gets a little warmer I'll be enjoying a sip in the garden? The smell would certainly suit a hand lotion :)
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I'll have to look into that Limoncello you are talking about!!

      Delete
  12. Iced coffee is still at the top of my favorites list. I use a lemon handsoap from Bath and Body in my kitchen that I love. My favorite for April are the flowers at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden this year. Lilacs and cherry blossoms made my month! Definitely need to do a post on the blog about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lilacs. Ours didn't bloom much this year. Too much hot then cold I suppose! I love iced coffee too!

      Delete
  13. Just stopping by to wish you a happy May Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy May Day right back at you! A day light but heartfelt!!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!