Sunday, March 26, 2017

In a Dark, Dark Room-A Book Review

Now this is my kind of book! Maybe I should stop reading these books for the book club and just read what I know I like. Except this month we are reading a book of poetry, Leaves of Grass, by Walt Whitman. Now that is pushing me out of my comfort zone to read a genre that I normally would not read. And so far I can only say "eh"! But I like poetry. I'm just not sure I like this kind of poetry. Know what I mean? 

What should be a cozy and fun-filled weekend deep in the English countryside takes a sinister turn in Ruth Ware’s suspenseful, compulsive, and darkly twisted psychological thriller.
Sometimes the only thing to fear…is yourself.
When reclusive writer Leonora is invited to the English countryside for a weekend away, she reluctantly agrees to make the trip. But as the first night falls, revelations unfold among friends old and new, an unnerving memory shatters Leonora’s reserve, and a haunting realization creeps in: the party is not alone in the woods.


This was a good mystery book! But I figured out the mystery before I got all the way to the end. I just didn't quite have the right person being responsible for the.....Oops, I almost told you what happens. I got this recommendation from my friend Kwizgiver at What if This is as Good as It Gets? She rarely leads me astray! If you like a mystery and some quick, light reading then this is the book for you!!

Harley and I are leaving on a road trip in the morning. Talk to you all when we get back!!

22 comments:

  1. This sounds like a book I would enjoy. I could never join a book club unless they read mysteries most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking joining the club gets me out of my comfort zone with reading

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a safe road trip. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepy? I don't know if I like creepy. But if you liked it, then great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't creepy at all. Just a mystery!

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it! :-)

    Safe travels on your road trip--I can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds right up my alley!
    Have TOO much fun (... but, please no Thelma and Louise shenanigans!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! Harley had never heard of Thelma and Louise. I'm saying we need to rent the movie.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like my sort of book. Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun on your trip. I'm anxious to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun read. I do enjoy a good cozy mystery. It's been years since I read 'Leaves of Grass' and I can't remember whether or not I enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see if I enjoy Leaves of Grass!! The jury is still out!!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!