Saturday, March 25, 2017

Favorite Things for March

Don't we all seem to have 'favorite things'? It's not just Oprah, is it? I have so many favorite things that I can't wait to share them with you. When I can I will share links to where they can be purchased!!

I started Memory Planning in February! I am using The Big Happy Planner to do my memory keeping. The link will take you to the one that I was so very, very lucky to find marked down to $12.00 at Hobby Lobby. These are a couple of the spreads I have completed:




I am almost done with January. I have completed the spread below for when Darian left in February. 


I will finish up March and then I hope to stay on top of it each week as time goes along. I have always wanted to scrap book. This seems much easier than in years past.

The Big Happy Planner is 8.5 by 11 inches so it is the perfect size to memory plan in! Do you scrapbook or memory plan? I follow some You-Tuber's so I get some good tips from them. 


Next, is my Sprocket. Harley got this for me for my birthday (which is in April), but I think she wanted to borrow it. It is so neat. It prints 2 inch by 3 inch pictures which have sticky backs so they are perfect for the Happy Planner. In the upper spread, the pictures on the left are printed on the Sprocket. They print from your phone!! Which is the only camera I use. But the paper is $9.99 for 20 sheets so I just simply cannot afford to print ALL my pictures from it!!

Keeping with this line of favorites I have also discovered Walgreen's for printing pictures really, really affordable. (I wanted to say cheap) I have the Walgreen's app on my phone so I upload the pictures into a collage of 4 and order a 4 inch  by 6 inch print for $.39 and wah lah I have four little pictures I can cut apart for the memory planner. You can see some of those in the bottom spread above. And you can pick them up the same day you order them!!!! That is a win-win! Or you can order any size you want. They even have canvases which I want to order when Darian comes home and I get pictures of him in his uniform.

A huge favorite for March has been letters from my SIT (soldier in training)! We have only gotten two so far but they are cherished treasures at the moment. And I bet they'll find their way into the memory planner! He is doing well. He is liking basic training! And for all of that I am a happy granny!

I was taken out to dinner on a couple of occasions in March. I am not the 'eat out kind of girl' so this was a big deal. I usually like to order and eat at home. But Harley took me to Rib Crib one evening and another time I went to Applebee's with Justin. You can see our food in these pictures:

Four Cheese Mac and Cheese

Lime Chicken

TWO orders of Cheese fries at Rib Crib




I also stumbled upon a new drink in the month of March. Clicklist gave me a coupon to try some free drinks. Two of the drinks went to Harley. They were artificially sweetened and I dislike artificial sweeteners of any kind. But this drink is pretty good. It is Coconut water. The fluid that is inside a coconut that is not yet ripe. Has a bit of a nut taste. Only 45 calories for 8 ounces and is loaded with nutrients, most especially, potassium which I need to prevent leg cramps!! So another win-win!

Also, I loved my Birkenstock sandles from back in the day! They lasted me for more than 10 years and are now pretty worn out. I can't afford to buy the real thing anymore but I found these at Target for less than $30 and I am loving them! Fit is good and they are comfortable. Harley has a pair too!!


Last, but not least, we are going to be changing up the mantle for Easter. So I found these beauties at The Dollar Tree. They are currently gracing the dining room table in this tall, glass vase. I don't know whether they will make it to the mantle or stay in the vase for Easter. We will see.....


That's it! All my favorites for the month of March. Now, we will be off on a road trip soon. Hopefully will have some adventures to share. And update of my Big Surprise coming soon. Have a great day friends and family!


24 comments:

  1. When we were in Little Cayman Island, as we were exiting the dive boat, the staff was cutting coconuts off the tree. They cut the tops off, stuck a straw in and handed them to us as we walked by. It is one of my favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tasted the milk in a ripe coconut and didn't find it all that good. I didn't know you were supposed to drink the milk from the un-ripe ones!!

      Delete
  2. Great post Paula. Your memory book is looking lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! I am enjoying working on it!

      Delete
  3. Years ago - when scrapbooking was all the rage - I spent more $$$ than I had common sense. Then, believing I'd ZERO talent to make my pages look like anything, I gave up the whole works. At least you've lots of pretty subjects! :)

    I love fresh coconut, but never thought about drinking the 'milk/water.'
    So glad to hear Darian's enjoying himself ... and writing, to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish he would write more. But that is a guy for you!! I didn't get into the craze back then but I always wanted to. And so far I haven't spent a lot of money!!

      Delete
  4. That Sprocket is pretty cool I do believe! Glad you have gotten a few letters from Darian and he is enjoying basic training. So many wonderful favorite things for the month of March!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we will like the Sproket! And nothing puts a smile on my face like a letter!

      Delete
  5. Hi Paula - lovely to read all your doings and the Sprocket 'thingie'!! Enjoy your trip ... and those letters will be precious ... have a wonderful time ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your memory book. A new take on scrapbooking. It's is a nice way to keep track of the months as they pass. I rarely print of develop pictures anymore, I just use them on my computer, but it's tempting to get into doing what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This seems so much easier than making scrapbook pages!! You should try it!

      Delete
  7. I saved every letter my son sent during his time in the military. Those letters from your grandson will be treasures for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great things! I need a new pair of everyday kick around sandals so maybe I will check those ones out at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you've been hearing from Darian. Glad he's enjoying basic training. Hope some of the fun of your road trip is the planning. enjoy and safe travels. What a fun collection of favorite things. happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't much planning done on my part. My cousin has planned what we will do after we arrive at his house!!

      Delete
  10. Can't you get your old Birkenstocks repaired? I thought they would resole them and such when they wear out. Cheaper than buying new, I'd expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could probably get them repaired! I'll check into that!

      Delete
  11. Interesting favorite things! I used to scrapbook and need to finish up that project, but lately other things have been stealing my time. Your memory planning will be fun to look back on in years to come. Can you cut big sheets of photo paper to a custom size for that sprocket ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paper is zinc paper. You will have to read about how it makes a picture. The little printer doesn't use ink!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!