Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The First Day of February...Do More of What You Love!

Time for another Hodgepodge. Go over to From This Side of the Pond and grab the prompts. Answer them on your own blog and link with all these great people who do the same. 
Now let's get started!


1. Can you believe it's the end of January? What was the best day of January 2017 for you, and why?

Ah, January was filled with icy weather, spring-like weather, and TV stations with bad news! It is hard to pick a "best" day. We did celebrate Richard's heavenly birthday on January 8th (his birthday is January 9th) with a balloon release. I'm going to pick that day as the best day!

2. What sounds make up the background noise in your life?

The background of my life is the TV! I should turn it off and fill my life more with silence. Silence is a good thing, don't you think?

3. I read on the Power of Positivity website a list of ten things to drop from your life right now. They are-

anger outbursts, people who put you down, regret, negative self talk, being a people pleaser, the notion you need to be perfect, the past (but keep the lessons learned!), gossip and judgment, comparing yourself to others, and the word hate (focus on what you love instead)

Which thing on the list do you most need to drop? Are you trying or will you try?

I need to drop the past! There isn't anything I can do to change it! But I will keep the lessons learned! Even though it is true that our past shapes us it doesn't mean that we can't change the future. Because we can!!

4. What is sacred to you?

My family is sacred to me!

5. January is National Oatmeal month. Are you a fan, and if so how do you like it?

I don't either love or hate oatmeal. I am just neutral. If I eat oatmeal it is usually from a packet of the instant kind with cinnamon and apples. Maybe I eat it twice a year. I am not a big breakfast fan!

6. What feelings does twilight stir up in you?

To me twilight signifies THE END of something. The end of the day. The end of your life. The twilight years. I find twilight beautiful. The colors of twilight are purple and pink. My favorites!! So in the twilight of my life I will incorporate more pinks and purples! What about you?

7. Something you're looking forward to next month?

I am cleaning and downsizing at my house. I am looking forward to more of that. Harley and I might take a little road trip in February or March. We'll see. It has been a long time since we have gone out of town. Would be good for both of us! 

8. Insert your own random thought here.






I love this artist!
And the sentiment behind this picture is something I am going to more of. Things I love...care to join me?

36 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear where you and Harley go! I go on day trips with either my daughter or son, but we've been talking about going for a weekend away, probably to Georgia or Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll probably just go visit family! I doubt I am brave enough (or rich enough) to do anything else!

      Delete
  2. The balloon picture is nice. My cousin hosts a balloon release every Oct. to remember her dad and all those we lost in our family during that year. We write loved ones names on the balloons or messages of love for those we lost. We release the balloons and watch them go until we can't see them anymore. It is a lovely time to celebrate the lives of those we no longer have with us on earth. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wrote messages on our balloons too. We release them on his birthday and on memorial day since there is not a grave to visit. He was cremated!

      Delete
  3. When I read question three yesterday, I realized that I had kicked all that stuff to the curb years ago. And I do enjoy oatmeal. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Road trip?????
    That's a great random idea! It's far too easy to identify that which I hate; better to challenge myself to recognize (what I) love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I'm home alone, I'm frequently in silence. School is so noisy all day long that I treasure quiet time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do think silence is a good thing. Especially with all that bad news. It's every single day. I'm so done. Spring-like weather in winter is no good. I want my winter! And we're running out of time. The first two weeks of February are not looking any more wintry than did January. The past is something I need to let go also. Enjoyed your answers! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen with all the bad news. I don't know where you live but I would share my cold weather with you!

      Delete
  7. Silence is good but not everyone likes being in a quiet house, background noise is needed. Not for me though. I love it when I'm home alone and the house is quiet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one who usually needs some background noise!

      Delete
  8. Oatmeal month? Well, I guess I can see that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun if you and Harley take a road trip and no excuses now with a reliable running car! It would be fun to plan it out and then the fun of the adventure itself! To me, the best sound is silence. Nothing on, so peaceful :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I was thinking about the road trip. No more excuses! I like silence in small doses!

      Delete
  10. I like background noise it is comforting to me! I could stop being a people pleaser and have less stress in my life. I hope you get to go on your trip, sometimes we need to just go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that your #8 Random thought sounds like an excellent adventure. I'm in! :)

    Have fun on that road trip with Harley and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya Paula, I am so happy to come hear and read about your possible road trip with Harley. How fun to think "maybe" and then have time to plan. That part of the process can be fun, too. You have a knack for finding such inspirational artwork to your posts. Thanks for that. Got anything inspirational for a broken wrist? :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read on your blog about your wrist. Ouch!! I am so sorry! Wish I could take you a casserole!

      Delete
  13. Doing what you love is a wonderful thing. I'm hoping I can once again get back to that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The message from the Lion King rings true. Put your past behind you. You can either run from it, or learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the list of what to drop from your life. All good ones. The ones I need to drop most are negative self-talk and comparing myself (or my life) to others. Both serve to get me down so it's best to drop those pronto!

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, negative self talk is a good one to drop. I deal with that one too. Have a great weekend Michele!

      Delete
  16. 3. Negative self-talk. I am the biggest cause of my own problems.
    6. I love twilight because it's the end of the day and means I no longer have to be productive. I love sleep, when I can get it, so twilight also means I'm closer that that part of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love twilight too. Especially the colors in the sky!

      Delete
  17. You certainly deserve a road trip. Hope it happens for you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a beautiful day you had for your balloon release. I hope you found some comfort there. Best of luck with the clear out. It's a tough job, but satisfying once completed. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had some beautiful days in Kansas this January!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!