Monday, February 27, 2017

A Life List at the End of February

LOOKING OUT MY WINDOW....

Last week we were in the 70's and today we are in the 30's. This nutty weather is what makes Kansas such a fun place to live!! But, the sun is shining and that makes it all worthwhile. I'll just keep throwing on a jacket! And turn on my furnace again!!

AS I PONDER.... 

Too much to ponder!


WHAT I AM LEARNING...


We learned the car wash doesn't get cars really clean!
Can't wait to give this one a Paula Wash!

WHAT I 'M CREATING...

I have changed out my February Valentine's mantle to a Hello Spring mantle. Although with today's temperatures in the 30's you wouldn't know that spring is on it's way. I have a very pretty turquoise blue color theme throughout my kitchen/dining room. That adorable little "ball" banner is actually battery operated lights. I wish you could see how pretty it was at night!

Loving that little white bunny
Hello Spring!
Chalkboard
Sweet little lights at night

Placemats

kitchen towels to match



WHAT I'M READING....


I am reading The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney. This is our March bookclub read! I'm also still listening to Belong To Me. But I have to admit I haven't been doing too much of either book. I am busy with a new Facebook group for my new soldier. Lots of reading and learning about becoming #ArmyStrong. 


WHAT I'M WATCHING...


We didn't watch the Oscars. We usually do. But it wasn't because I was "boycotting them". I believe in Freedom of Speech. They have just as much right to speak against the President as anyone else does. It pisses me off when I hear people say 'celebrities have no right to speak against this administration." Have people forgotten this President was on Celebrity Apprentice first? He was a TV star before he was a president. We didn't watch because there were other things going on! I missed seeing all the beautiful dresses!


Pictures I want to share....

My last picture for awhile

She got her nose piercewd

Amen!





WHAT I'M DRINKING....


Sitting here at the computer sipping my first cup of French Vanilla Coffee! Yum! So good!


WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE KITCHEN...


Monday...Hamburger Steaks & Fries
Tuesday...Grilled Chicken Salad
Wednesday..Granny is on her own
Thursday...Ham & Cheese Wraps *Soup
Friday...Pizza
Saturday...One Pan Chicken&Orange Chili Noodles
Sunday...Spaghetti & Meatballs

A QUOTE I WANT TO SHARE...







Fighting.....

I am fighting my way through Darian's room. Decluttering, packing stuff away, getting ready to paint. How many times have you heard that??? Don't tell me!




A peek into my week...

Harley doesn't work any this week! Not until Saturday, that is. So I will take a break from driving the taxi and see what I can get accomplished. And she can work on that grade point average!!


  
A final thought...

As we leave February and head into March...

38 comments:

  1. Oh no, you missed the best picture mix up. Did you record it? It's just as good on "tape delay". (I started it 20 minutes late, and when I caught up to real time, I stopped for a bit and then came back to it. It's so nice to fast forward through all the extraneous stuff.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about it all day on the news though. I felt sorry for poor Warren! The actors all acted classy about it though.

      Delete
  2. They came and sprayed my trees today with dormant oil. In February. This weather is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meal plan sounds yummy, the quote is so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100% on the celebrity thing. If they want to make the stage their voice, we live in a free country and they can do that. People have lost sight of this I think. I didn't watch it either but only because I wasn't home. I would have love to have seen the botch up at the end. Mistakes make us human. I think it was handled very gracefully. I always love your menus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. If I didn't make menus we'd eat out everyday. And that is way too expensive. I think I'll write about how I menu plan!

      Delete
    2. I would love to learn how you make your menu plans, Paula!

      Delete
    3. I'll talk about it soon Suzanne! It's much harder now there is only two of us here!

      Delete
  5. I love the Maya Angelou quote! So much wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colors on your mantel. I have those same colors going on with some knick knacks, my couch pillows and a mid century chair I got from my mother in law. Such happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colors too! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  7. I thought of you when I saw that A Man Called Ove was up for Best Foreign Film, because I know you read the book. Your mantle looks perfect for spring. It's good to get a break from the grammy taxi driving isn't it? Heroes do wear dog tags for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am somewhat happy to stay home all the time. Harley doesn't like it though. But she goes to school everyday! I loved that book. Have you read it yet??

      Delete
    2. I did. I loved it! I've read Fredrik Bachman's other books too. He has another coming out this year sometime.

      Delete
    3. I thought you had read it. I haven't read any more of his!

      Delete
  8. I love how you decorate your home/mantle to observe the changing seasons!
    This picture of Harley is simply arresting.

    We were out to eat and didn't see most of the Oscars, but I appreciate the grace with which the "La La" folks handled the snafu. More grace, less hate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Myra! Thank you for your sweet compliments!

      Delete
  9. I don't think I could stand getting my nose pierced. Maddie has one like that too. Looks painful to me...but I am old.
    Your mantle looks very nice, I am sure you will have spring a month maybe two before us:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wanted to think it wasn't going to hurt. She didn't cry but her eyes watered and she said it did hurt!! Thank you for your compliments on my mantle!

      Delete
  10. Glad there are "support groups" out there on Facebook that you can glean information from for Army life for Darian and ultimately you knowing more about it. Didn't see the Oscars, young family comes over for dinner on Sunday nights, so Sunday nights are chaotic. Such a cute spring mantle! We are having rain here now and cool temps, but by the end of the week 80 degrees. I'll take it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm giving up Facebook for Lent but will stay with my support groups. They do teach me a lot. And so many of the mothers....oh my gosh...you would think their kid has died they way they go on...guess I'm older and wiser than most of them!! There are some wives too but they are all very young!

      Delete
  11. Hi Paula,

    Am I glad to be back to posting again. Thank you for visiting PS Annie! earlier!

    Here are some military mama hugs for you: HUGS!!!

    Maya Angelou was a smart lady and I couldn't agree with her more on this quote.

    Crazy weather is the way of life here on the Texas Gulf Coast, too. We've already had temps in the 90s. According to the EZ Lube's sign, it got to 112 degrees one day. In February..OY doesn't that make July a very scary thought?!

    Here is the link to my Currently...A Life List post: Currently...A Life List

    Have a blessed night. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those hugs! I can always use a hug!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, Paula. I can, too. :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Paula - glad you're in the support FB group and lovely to see the picture. Good luck with all your plans .. a little extra free time this week - with no taxi running. The Oscars - I saw the challenge they had - but it was handled really well ... have a good week and cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they handled it well too!

      Delete
  13. I do love your Spring Mantle. I can hardly wait until I can once again decorate my house. Here Spring is packed away in a plastic storage bin just waiting to get out! Hope you enjoy your week. It should be nice not doing taxi service ! I call our weather a roller coaster ride with all the ups and downs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can hardly wait to be all settled again!!

      Delete
  14. I love the way you change your mantle so often. It must be hard getting used to your new situation. I didn't watch the Oscars either live or on catch up but we couldn't avoid hearing about the mix up either. It was on the news all day long here in the UK too! Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as hard as I thought it would be. It helped that he had left home a bit before he went to boot!

      Delete
  15. Paint!!!!! I'll have to see it to believe it
    Grandpa got to do movie time and supper again and it was her idea, hey

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mantle is beautiful, Paula, and I love the Maya Angelou quote. I didn't watch the Oscars either - we don't have television and only watch DVDs - but I enjoy finding out who/what won and seeing the fashions in magazines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the fashion too. I can't imagine not having TV. Mine is on all the time!!

      Delete
  17. I'm headed home to cold and snow today too. Kansas and Michigan are closely weather related

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!