For the past few years I have made goals in January. And shared them with you here and here and here. This year I am going to do things a bit differently. I am still going to work on the same basic things I always have. But I am going to go about it a bit more creatively.
I tend to always write goals to cover five areas of my life: mental, physical, Spiritual, Home & Family, and financial. I usually do pretty good with attaining my goals but after about three (maybe four) months I quit focusing on them. This year I want to FIGHT to maintain the focus.
So, using my word for 2017, FIGHT, I will be thinking a little more realistically about how I want to achieve these goals. What is worth fighting for?
1) I need to fight to forgive more and worry less. That will mean working on my attitude towards others. I need to fight to become less stressed and enjoy life more.
2) I need to fight the urge to talk negatively to myself about my weight and my lack of exercise. I need to find a positive way to deal with these. It is time to stop treating myself as a negative.
3) I will fight for my spiritual life. I like to read the Bible. I am not ashamed to tell anyone that. I believe in God and in the Son he sent here to die for my sins. I will fight to continue to pray to Him to help me with understanding and forgiveness. He is the ONE that always has my back!
4) I am going to fight the urge to acquire more things and fight to get rid of the excess I already own. I need to be ready to move into a smaller house when the time is right. I will fight to become and stay organized. And I will fight hard to teach my family (meaning you, Harley) how we are going to achieve this.
5) And last, but not least, I will fight to stay within my budget. I need to get my taxes caught up and get my savings re-built. By winning this fight I will feel less stressed, more hopeful, and better prepared to face the future.
So how about you, friends and family, what is on your list for 2017? What are you going to fight for?