Wednesday, January 18, 2017

I'm A Piglet Hodgepodge

My first Hodgepodge of 2017! Go over to From This Side of the Pond and join the group.

1. ASAP typically stands for 'as soon as possible'. What else could it stand for in your life right now? 

I love acronyms. For me, right now, the acronym ASAP is going to mean:
Always saying, Always praying. 

2. Are you the last person to speak up in a group or the first to have an idea? Why do you suppose that is? Is it a good thing or no?

I am much more verbal in small groups. I don't like to speak up if the group is outside of my tribe. But I am very verbal with my tribe. LOL! And it is a good thing. Believe me!!

3. What do you remember best about being 12? 

I don't remember much about being 12. Many of the memories from my childhood are scarce. I don't know why. When I hear my siblings talk about things I often wonder if I was even there. I just don't have the memories they have. Mine are scattered!


4. January 18th is National Winnie the Pooh Day. Which character do you relate to the most, and why? If you're stumped go here for inspiration. 

I feel like I am most like Piglet. Piglet is anxious but loving and caring. He is the voice of reason. I think he would be the designated driver. (Which is what I would be now. Not in my younger days, though) Piglet has hidden courage and will help others even when he is afraid. That's me!

5. What's an app you use that helps simplify or make life easier for you in some way? 

I have mentioned before that I use Cozi! I love the Cozi calendar!

6. San Francisco (CA), San Diego (CA), San Juan (PR) San Antonio (TX) Sanibel (FL)...you have an all expenses paid long weekend to one of these destinations. Which one do you choose and why?

I have been to all of these places except Sanibel, Florida. So I would take a long weekend and see what Sanibel is all about! Why not? Anyone want to go with me?

7. Share with us a song that makes you feel nostalgic? For what?

The very first time I moved away from home I would hear the song Snowbird by Anne Murray on the radio. When I hear it now the song always takes me right back to my first apartment away from home. "spread your tiny wings and fly away" It doesn't make me want to go back to that place. It just reminds me of that time!  

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

January always makes me yearn for new beginnings. It is a new year. We will get a new start. Let's make it the best we can! Don't you ponder what might lie ahead? Have a great week!

28 comments:

  1. Cozi is the best! Yes, I'm always wondering what the year will bring, and always praying it is a really good year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your description of you comparing yourself to Piglet. I can see that so much! Sure, I'll go to Sanibel Florida with you :) Always saying, always praying is a good one too! This will be a good year. We will keep working on it to be a good year!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we as siblings remember different things, we cannot remember everything so we just select parts to remember:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must have selected to remember very little. It wasn't a great childhood!

      Delete
  4. Of course, count me in for a girls' getaway in Sanibel!

    I identified with Piglet, too. I'm glad Joyce included the test link, because I never read the book!
    I've not heard of Cozi before, but I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll go with you to Sanibel. I've never been to Florida.

    12-years-old is 7th grade. (Something I know really well now.) You don't remember 7th grade? I do. (And not just the 7th grade of the students I've just spent 14 school days with.) Some good times, those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be fun to have a blog meet up in Florida?? Only thing I can remember about the 7th Grade is the assassination of President Kennedy!

      Delete
  6. Sanibel is gorgeous! I used to live in Ft Myers and Sanibel was close by. I would still prefer San Diego though.
    I like the description of Piglet.
    I have to check out the app Cozi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when working I'd get sticky notes on things that would say ASAP...as soon as possible, but I do like the meaning ASAP Always say a prayer and even though I forget sometimes...saying a prayer is best for sure. Hope you have a great day ! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been saying lots of prayers today!!

      Delete
  8. Sanibel is absolutely lovely. I went there on a girls weekend with my two daughters. We saw manatees, dolphins, a shark, and Great Blue Herons fighting. And two alligators over five feet long, one of which we saw on our hotel property, right after I told the girls there was no worry of bumping into an alligator as we strolled the lovely hotel grounds! Boy, did they make me eat my words! See you around. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a wonderful place to visit!

      Delete
  9. I pray first thing in the morning, or I would forget too. Mine are gratitude prayers and they always make for a good beginning to the day. Never heard of Sanibel before, but that's the fun of blogging: Always learning new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gratitude prayers are a good thing! I need to pray those more often!

      Delete
  10. I like your ASAP! That will be easy to remember, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Count me in on that Sanibel trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great questions! I've been to Sanibel, but would go back in a minute. I'd take a trip to San Francisco, too. I've never been to San Antonio, so I guess that's my pick. But if anyone is organizing a blogger getaway to Sanibel, count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't remember 12 either, but I'd go to Sanibel too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad I am not the only one who can't remember 12

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!