Monday, January 23, 2017

A Post Inauguration Life List

LOOKING OUT MY WINDOW....

A beautiful day here in Kansas. It is 52* calm and sunshiny!

AS I PONDER....

I am pondering the state of our union. I was impressed with the Women's March over this past weekend. There has been a lot of flack all over the INTERNET about it. But I stand behind ALL women all over the world to fight for what we want from this administration.  


WHAT I AM LEARNING...

This week in the Do Not Depart group we are memorizing Psalm 121:3-4

"He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep"




WHAT I 'M CREATING...

I am creating space in my linen closet. Last week I purged towels, sheets, pillowcases, pillows, and blankets. WoW! Did I have a lot of stuff. I have paired it down tremendously. Now I just need to decide what to do with what I got rid of. Donate, sell, throw away! I have some good sheet sets that I will probably try to sell. We don't need that many sets of sheets since I usually wash the bedding and put it right back on the bed. I have a huge bag of old towels. I have heard the Humane Society might need those. I will call them later and see! 


WHAT I'M READING....


I haven't done as much reading so I am still on the same books as I was last week. I have spent a bit more time with my audio book this week.



WHAT I'M WATCHING...


I spent all day Friday watching the Inauguration of our new President. It was extremely interesting. I want to like this guy. I really do!  

WHAT I'M HEARING...


At the moment I am listening to the weather report on TV. We are going to have temps in the upper 50's until Wednesday and then back to winter temps!

WHAT'S ON MY CAMERA...


Some of my coloring
more with just pencils
Paige, Harley, Paige's boyfriend






WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE KITCHEN...


Monday...Leftovers

Tuesday...Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet

Wednesday..granny is on her own! (Maybe)

Thursday...Soup and Sandwich Day

Friday...I may be on my own again this day

Saturday...Crockpot Salisbury Meatballs

Sunday...Chicken Broccoli Casserole (This has been on the menu the past two weeks. Maybe I will get it made this week)


A QUOTE I WANT TO SHARE...










A final thought...

I have been struggling with myself about whether I should support our new President or jump on the bandwagon to oppose what his agenda might be. Do we even know what he has in mind. I don't know that I have heard much more than "Make America Great Again" (I didn't know it wasn't great), build a wall, abolish the Affordable Health care Act without knowing what he will be putting in it's place. I pretty much knew he wouldn't ever show his tax returns even though he promised over and over. It should be mandated that he do so. I was also pretty sure he wasn't going to lock up Hillary. What I'm not sure of is what is he going to do? My blogging friend Joanne at Cup On The Bus has written a post with suggestions of what we can do. Go over and read her post and let's see what we can do. If I am stepping on anyones toes here I apologize. But it is my blog and these are my opinions. I'm not telling anyone what to do! Merely offering the information. I don't know if I can just stand back. I know that I will pray for him everyday. He needs all of us to pray for him. I want to be proven wrong about this President! 

36 comments:

  1. I think we all are hoping for the best. It behooves us all. I'm going over to check out the blog you suggested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her blog She is another grandmother raising grandchildren!

      Delete
  2. I bet the Humane Society would love the towels! Good job getting some stuff decluttered!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take them to the dog shelter this week!

      Delete
  3. Funny that you should post that quote. I've been thinking about doing a post on the subject of speaking up. While I spent 30+ years in municipsl goverment, 20 of them as an elected, I have never, ever watched an inauguration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is important that we speak up! I love watching the inauguration. Even if I am not too crazy about the candidate. I love the tradition of it.

      Delete
  4. I'd donate what you don't sell or give to the Humane Society. What GoodWill does not take to sell will go to factories here or in third world countries to be reclaimed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave a huge donation of towels to my local animal shelter. Sheets went to the homeless shelter.

    I like your post. Thanks to the link to the civil action. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheets to the homeless shelter is a wonderful suggestion!!

      Delete
  6. I always love your posts. I believe we all are struggling over Trump. Waiting and watching...I choose to just go on with my life and not obsess over everything he does or doesn't do. I can't live that way. But there are others who are move driven and has the stamina and the "want to" dog him on everything. More power to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm watching too. I will dog him if he needs dogging though!

      Delete
  7. Chuckling... You're purging linens and I'm headed to Goodwill this weekend looking for twin bedding in our guest rooms! :) 'Love the idea of giving to the Humane Society!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could send this twin bedding to you then!

      Delete
  8. Great idea to take the towels to the humane society. I don't know about the sheets, though.

    I'd love to be wrong about the Predator-in-Chief, but I don't think I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we are wrong about our President! I hope he will do what is right for our country. I have decided I am taking the sheets to our woman's shelter. Or to the homeless shelter!

      Delete
  9. I have very strong opinions about Mr. Trump and they are not good ones. But I am willing to give him a chance to make a difference. And in doing that I will have to ignore a lot of his immature self centered behavior which I find totally unacceptable. I, too, said a prayer for him right after he took the oath of office - and I said one for us as a country as well. Dangerous times to be lead by a man such as him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm willing to give him a chance too! It will be hard to ignore his behavior. But maybe he will tone it down. He is so full of himself and he wants to be the greatest!

      Delete
  10. The suggestion about towels for the humane society is a great one. Anyone with puppies can relate to going through a lot of towels. Our weather is to be much the same as yours, turning colder Wednesday here too. I've always prayed for our government leaders and our President. They have important work to do and need all the help they can get. Hope you have a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope he will do the important work that needs to be done and quit focusing on how great he is!

      Delete
  11. I donate everything to a womens shelter here in Dallas. I have for years. When women have to leave with nothing but clothes on their back, the shelter helps them get on their feet. I love the idea of towels to the animal shelters.
    As far as our President- we HAVE to believe and trust him. If he fails, WE fail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your statement about how if he fails, we fail. I do not want him to fail. That would be crazy. But I DO want him to not embarrass us!

      Delete
  12. I have a linen closet that needs space. I mean how many Christmas table clothes do we need. I’m like you I wash the sheets and put the same ones right back on again. I think having one or two spares is plenty.
    Trump? Well, I suggest he stay off Twitter. I didn’t vote for him, but now he is the president. Let’s hope his heart is in the right place.
    Love your coloring. I have to dig mine out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what I said about towels. How many do we really need? I really purged and only kept those that were in the best shape. I didn't vote for him either! But I agree he is now the President! You should start coloring again. What better stress reliever for me!!

      Delete
  13. You and I both Paula. I pray daily that I am wrong about him and that he leads our great country strongly, humanely, decently and wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prayer is the most powerful action you can take; we should all pray for our leaders daily. They have a big responsibility with many challenges and temptations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added him to my list! Not just as the leader of our country but as a man! Maybe God can change his heart!

      Delete
  15. Clearing out and decluttering is so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I watched the festivities, too. I do not affiliate myself with any party. I don't need someone to tell me how to vote, I can think. We have quite a few regulars and residents here in our park and most of them are close to my age and very opinionated. One republican really likes to provoke me into what he calls "debates". The new president scares me. He is far too arrogant. He needs to have more control over his mouth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am registered as a Democrat but only because in Kansas we have to declare a party in order to vote in the primary. I really vote however I choose too. And I did not vote for this arrogant AH! I have republicans in my family who like to push my buttons too. I have even been known to unfriend some on Facebook.

      Delete
  17. I am trying to like our new president because I did agree with a lot of the things he said during his campaign. I just wish he would get over himself and starting the business of doing good things for our country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with much of his agenda too! It is just him I can't stand! I hope that he will get busy and start being a leader and stay the hell off social media where he tends to act so juvenile!

      Delete
  18. I think President Trump will make a difference. I am hopeful for him. I did not march, because I marched to the voting booth in November to cast my vote. Here in the forgotten boonies people have to have a second job to pay the Affordable Care Act premiums...some are nearing $2,000 a month for a family. When health insurance costs twice as much as a house payment I think we all have a problem.
    There is lots of nasty things out there on both sides and I think that is what is terrible. Give President Trump the respect he earned by winning the election :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I marched to the voting booth also in November and voted against Donald Trump. I would have marched in the Women's March if I could have because I truly believe this guy has no interest in women at all except to please himself. I have a lot of respect for the office of President but Donald Trump has to EARN my respect. He doesn't get it just because he was elected. I researched ACA when I was needing health care and I never found a premium as high as $2000 a month. What I found was too high of deductibles. I went without health care for 3 years until I qualified for Medicare. I hope he makes a difference for America. I wish he would just shut up and do the work and stop with the ridiculousness of worrying about crowd sizes and comparing himself to others before him. He can't be KING to everyone. He needs to stop trying and just lead our country to be Great Again! That is what he promised.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!