1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.
I think it is possible I fall somewhere in the middle of these two. With a heavy leaning towards the 'task oriented' side. I am one of those people who thinks "I can get this done faster, better, cheaper, than anyone else" (my family says that I am a 'control freak') but on the other hand there are many times that I would rather include other people in getting things done. So somewhere in the middle! Is that cheating?
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day...do you own/wear pearls? If you're a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a 'pearl of wisdom' with us here today.
I do own a string of pearls. I can't tell you when I last wore them. Years ago! I am not a 'dress up and put on your pearls' kind of person. I wonder what they would look like with my sweats and my crocs? For right now they are nestled away in their little, black velvet pouch waiting for a granddaughter to say "oh aren't those beautiful".
Here is my 'pearl of wisdom'. This quote is credited to Dolly Parton (and a variety of others) but I am going to give the credit to Dolly!
3. Speaking of pearls...oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?
I love oysters!!! There, I said it! I love those little cans of smoked oysters. I open the can, pour them (oil and all) into a tiny bowl, get out my tiny fork, a few crackers and eat them all. I sop up the oil with the crackers and eat all of it too!! Love the taste. Love the smell. What's not to love?? My mom told me that when I was just a tiny one my dad would mash up the oysters from the Oyster Stew (love that too) and feed them to me. My first solid food.
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let's take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?
|My handsome deputy!!|
I would make the cover of Time Magazine all about the men and women who wear a police/sheriff uniform! These people go out their doors every single day to protect us! They never know whether they will return to their families after the end of their shift. This past year we have seen police officers put down, shot, hated, spit upon, and they still go out the door everyday for you and for me! They go out to 'protect and serve'. I am proud to be the mother of a deputy sheriff! And, just as he would take a bullet to protect you, I would take a bullet for him. Every day of the week!
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it's a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.
I don't really care for this shade of green. It has too much yellow in it for my taste. I prefer greens that are more 'sage-y' or more 'moss-y'. I don't think I will add anything to my home or wardrobe in the new green color!
6. Today I've had too much holiday cheer. I wish Christmas was quieter?
I don't want to see anything Christmas in October. I don't want to hear about shopping and specials until Thanksgiving has passed. I don't like the stores that stay open on Thanksgiving day. And people feel the need to shop (to get the best deals) instead of spend time with families. I don't want to hear Christmas music until, at least, December 1. Not everyone finds Christmas to be the 'most joyous' time of the year and I wish we could just water it down a bit.
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
I love The Little Drummer Boy! And I love the lyrics: "Pa rum pum pum pum. Ra pum pum pum! Ra pum pum pum" My favorite to sing along with.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have you stopped sending Christmas cards? I pretty much have. I think, over the past several years, I have not send more than 20 cards out at Christmas. Seems like we just stay in touch with people by emails, texting, Facebook, etc. and the sending of Christmas cards are quickly becoming a thing of the past. What do you think?