Wednesday, December 28, 2016

My Favorite Things of 2016

I feel like Oprah today. I am going to share with you my favorite things from this year. The only difference is you won't get one, and you won't get one, and no you won't get one either! LOL! Okay you know you want to laugh right now!

Anyway, let's get to going with some of my favorite things. 

For Christmas 2015 Justin got me a wonderful set of colored pencils and some adult coloring books. I am loving, loving, loving coloring. I need to remember to do it more often as it is so relaxing and such a wonderful way to just forget all the stress a granny can have with raising teenagers all by myself. So my first favorite thing is my coloring supplies!



Next on my list is my Amope Pedi in pink. Have you guys tried one of these?? I got mine back in 2015 but have really fallen in love with it this year. I have rough feet! I wear Crocs almost all the time. And this baby keeps my toes and my heels baby soft. You have to try one. Really!!


I have a couple of favorite TV shows on my favorites this year. We love to watch Dancing With the Stars. Harley and I share our love of this show. We have fallen in love with the same pros. Both of the  Chmerkovsky
brothers make our hearts beat a bit faster. Also, a show that was introduced by my fellow bloggers, This Is Us! If you haven't yet watched this Tuesday night show you must catch up. It is great. The acting is magnificent. I love the show.

  

I am continuing to love my Happy Planner. I have surprised myself with how I am keeping up with it and getting more done. (Okay that might be a stretch but I am keeping up with decorating my planner. And I have some great plans on how to organize my life in 2017 so this planner will really be getting a good workout. 



My favorite thing to eat this year has been salads. I have fallen in love with salads like Chopped Southwest Chicken Salad and Winter Fruit Salad. I could eat a salad every single day of the year and never get tired of them!Even when we get take-out I usually grab a salad. Taco Salad at Taco Bell is my favorite.  How about you?? You can find these recipes by clicking on the links!


And speaking of eating, my most favorite thing of the year has been ClickList. Read all about it in this post. I haven't stepped foot into a grocery store since the day I wrote this. The best part of my life. Ordering online and picking up the groceries. Now if I could just get them to carry them in the house and put them away, I would be in heaven.


Another of my favorite things this year is my iPhone! Yep, I jumped on the Apple bandwagon. The camera alone is superior to any other
phone I have ever owned.  And I am totally in love with the size. I got a 6SPlus. It is 6 1/2" long and almost 3" wide. I can still carry it in my pocket. (Sadly it doesn't fit into my Vera Bradley wristlet any longer). Being able to read texts, emails, blogs, etc. on this size screen is infinitely better than the tiny Android I used to own. I love my beautiful new iPhone.

Gel pens are my new favorite things. I ordered a set of colored gel pens from Amazon to use in my coloring. They are freaking fantastic. Some of them shimmer and that adds such dimension to my pictures. Harley loves them too. Sadly she has drained 3 of them already. But, that is what they are for. If you haven't used gel pens for coloring you have to try some. I will be buying another set in the future. The ones I got from Amazon were a terrific buy!
I paid $7.01 for this 40-piece set of pens. I also had a trial of Prime membership so the shipping was free. They are currently on sale for $9.99!

One of my most recent favorite 'things' this year was our fall weather.And today here in Kansas it was 60* outside. On December 28th! Unheard of.  When have we ever had such a wonderful fall?? (We paid for that wonderful weather recently with wind chills in the negative double digits) I don't think ever in my lifetime have I been wearing shorts during the final weeks of November. Let's give a hip hurray for this past fall weather.

Another one of my favorite things  this year has been my Kindle app on my new iphone. I can download a book (the printed one) and chose to purchase, for an additional fee, the audible book. I have jumped on the listening to books bandwagon. Love listening to books. Kids like being read to. And so do I!! A couple of my favorite audibles this year have been Dead Mountain (mainly because of all the un-pronounceable Russian names) and The One in a Million Boy! If you haven't tried an audible book yet, you should. 

At Home With Nikki and Cheap Crafty Girl have become a couple of You Tube channels I follow. Check them out. Nikki is so elegant. And CCG does so much with so little. And if you haven't watched Sundays With Lynda and Ross you are missing out. Many of you may know Lynda from LyndaGrace An Hour Away blog! I love these You Tube visits. I feel like I am right there with Ross and her. And I laugh out loud more than once.

Last, but not least, is my new ride!! A silver Mitsubishi Endeavor. Christmas present from my son. Can I smile any wider?? Or even begin to tell you how I love riding around in my SUV??

That's it. My favorite things of 2016. What are some of your favorite things??



22 comments:

  1. I just finished a great book, The Last Telegram, by Liz Trenow. I read it on the Kindle App. Absolutely love all the books available out there. Can't stop myself from buying more :)

    You have such wonderful favorite things from this past year. Coloring can be so soothing indeed. I might need to take that up in 2017.

    I will have to check out Clicklist. By the time you come home from the grocery store and put the items away, you have touched them at least 3 times. Once in the cart, once at the cashier, once to put away. It would be great to eliminate a step in the process (although I'm grateful to have the money to buy the groceries).

    I'm trying to think of some of my favorite things from 2016. It was such a whirlwind year with ups and downs. I have to say my favorite thing would be the internet and social media. They both probably kept me somewhat "sane" in a year that was "crazy."

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check out the book. Oh so many good books I want to read!! I can't seem to stop myself either, Betty! Try some adult coloring. It is peaceful. Do you guys have Kroger in your neck of the woods? That is where the Clicklist is. But I have heard many shops do it. Even Walmart! I love the internet too. I wouldn't have all of my wonderful friends without it.

      Delete
  2. I'd like to talk about my new dryer, but I didn't buy one for myself for Christmas. Gel pens are a necessity for check registers, as there are always spots that act like they have a wax on them and won't except ball ink. I keep my planner on my old HTC android phone, keep on for TV shows I need to set up to record. This cable DVR only allows 2 at a time and you have to be watching one. On Tuesdays the Android just seems to beep every 60 minutes for me, but it's almost paid for. My 2010 Mercury has it's second set of new tires and 65,000 miles. Might put some more on it in March, but for right now 1 tank of gas a month is the budget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get yourself a new dryer. You deserve it!! I like my paper planner as well as my Cozi calendar for keeping me in line. I don't use much more than a tank of gas a month here. Sometimes, two, depends on how often I go to Buhler.

      Delete
  3. I shopped at Krogers when I lived in Ohio, but there aren't any where I live in Florida. I love my Kindle too! I've never seen This Is Us but will look for it. Thanks for the links to YouTube, I've subscribed too them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy those You Tubes. Especially Nikki. She is such a classy lady!

      Delete
  4. My favorite thing about this year has been putting it behind me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my kindle and my iPhone. I've had both for several years and I'd be lost without them. I tried hard to think of something new I got this year that has made a big difference but really couldn't. Everything here has been around for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually have a Kindle. I have the app on my phone. I have a Nook Color. I love it!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Kwiz. Tell us what your favorite things in 2016 were!

      Delete
  7. What an awesome blog topic! I totally DITTO what Joanne said!
    Nevertheless, 'bet-cha I'm going to be compiling a list in my daydreams. Should anything noteworthy pop up I'll let you know! :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Joanne too!! I'll happily let go of 2016!

      Delete
  8. I've been wondering about that Amope Pedi. I too wear Crocs constantly. It always surprises me how many people absolutely hate Crocs! I think they are the best! I'd be lost without mine...and I have them in every color! :)

    Love love love that new show This Is Us! What a unique storyline. So powerful. I just saw Sterling K. Brown on Jimmy Fallon last night as a matter of fact. He's very funny. Can't wait till the show starts up again in the new year.

    I bought my Mom some adult coloring books and colored pencils. I never thought of the gel pens. I hope she takes a liking to it. She needs to keep her mind occupied and she's creative so hopefully she'll enjoy it.

    Thanks for sharing your favorite things from this past year.

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Amope. You should try one. Yep, I love my crocs too. I only have two pair right now and then we have the 'family pair'. They are an old pair of mine that we leave by the door and whoever needs to go outside puts on the family crocs. It has become quite a thing to laugh about.
      I hope your mom will try coloring. It has really helped decrease my stress

      Delete
  9. I finally got around to making a bigger pouch for my iPhone plus, and I love that thing. I made one for my niece for Christmas, and luckily I made a larger size as she got the plus size for Christmas as well.

    I think my favorite thing this year has been that jellyfish pattern which I keep using. I've lost count of how many jellyfish I've made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your jellyfish too! Happy New Year, Liz!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing some of your favorite things and nary a raindrop on a rose or a whisker on a kitten. Happy New Year Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. I need to do more colouring! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love coloring. When things are starting to get me down, this really helps

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!