Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A Post-Christmas Life List











LOOKING OUT MY WINDOW....
See that gorgeous Mitsubishi Endeavor on the left? See that big red bow on the windshield? That is what I see when I look out the window. It was my Christmas present from my youngest son! Could anyone ask for more??





AS I PONDER.... 

For all of you who know me well you will know that I have struggled with car issues this past year. Oil leaks, coolant leaks. New battery! Tires that have air leaks. A/C that doesn't work. I have worried so much about my old Oldsmobile. And wondered how I would be able to afford another car. I don't need to ponder that anymore. It is going to be a better year. Car wise!


WHAT I AM LEARNING...


I'm also learning that "into every life a little rain must fall." Just before Christmas this past week, Darian decided it was time for him to move out! He's 18 and he is wanting to test his wings. He wants to make his own decisions. He wants to live a little life. And who doesn't. So he left home on Thursday night! I'm sad. But everyone has to leave home sometime to start their adult life. We will love him and support him through this too! Because that is what families do, right?






WHAT I 'M CREATING...

I will be creating some leftover dishes from a lot of leftover food.


WHAT I'M READING....


Reading and listening to my audible book have taken the backseat with the holidays. I am sure that happened with all of you too!


WHAT I'M WATCHING...


I couldn't get into watching the holidays movies you all suggested for me. Not this year! But I will. I promise. I am thinking about getting Sully from Redbox for Harley and me to watch. 

WHAT I'M HEARING...


Currently hearing a rerun of The Chew. 


WHAT'S ON MY CAMERA...


We had some surprise guests for Christmas. My cousins from Oklahoma (and their fur-baby) came to share the day with us. It was a quick visit. One day here and gone!


Darian left before we got this picture, but he was here to eat with us. 
My first time sitting in my new car

When an Uncle/Dad photobombs your pictuare!



WHAT I'M DRINKING....


Justin brought over a gallon of the "best" sangria for Christmas. I will be sipping on it for the rest of the week. Yummy!!


WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE KITCHEN...


Lots of leftovers!!


A QUOTE I WANT TO SHARE...











A final thought...

We will soon be looking into the eyes of 2017!!

29 comments:

  1. That's one heck of a Christmas gift. Good for you. I remember you posting the mileage in your car last week. It was a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was one heck of a gift. And much lower mileage than my old Olds!!

      Delete
  2. What a good son you have, that is an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift!! You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic gift from Justin!! Now I know you'll feel better about driving around and not worrying about getting broken down and stranded somewhere. Very kind of him! Darian has to test his wings for sure; he will learn what we all learn when we move out, its hard out there!! But you taught him some great lessons and I'm sure he will remember them in the coming days, etc. Glad family came to visit too for Christmas, always a joy to see them!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you never know if Harley and I might get in our little Mitsubishi and come to Arizona! You never know.

      Delete
  5. Whoa Girl...what an awesome gift and I might add, an awesome son. I'm so happy for you and glad that you won't have car worries for 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say? ... Over the top 'hurrahs' about your new ride. Justin's all sorts of awesome, for sure!

    Harley and Paige are so stunning. You (and Justin) must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is all sorts of awesome!! Thank you about Harley and Paige. They are fine girls!

      Delete
  7. Hi Paula - that's a wonderful present to get - what a great thought and now what a happy mother you are! Well done to Darian - and good for you for taking it so well ... and letting him try his new wings/desires .. and then being there for him. Sounds like a very family time ... wonders, love and care ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quote sure hits the nail on the head, Paula!

    What a wonderful gift from your son. What a sweet boy to relieve some of Mama's stress and to help keep her safe on the road. :)

    It is very hard when our babies decide to leave home. I went ballistic when our firstborn left home for the Navy. I cried for weeks. I hope that all goes well for Darian as he starts his new adult life. You're in my prayers, too, as you adjust to this stage of his life.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I forgot to give you the link to my post!
      Currently...A Life List.

      Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  9. Wow! That was quite a Christmas gift! And just in the 'Nick' of time it seems. We all hope our children and grandchildren can move on into adulthood with as little problems as possible. It is important that we support their decisions, they all have to grow up sometime. Hope your week is a happy one and best wishes for the New Year 2017

    ReplyDelete
  10. How great of your son to get you a new car! You certainly deserve it! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, what a wonderful Christmas gift! And while you'll miss Darian, I'm sure you won't miss chauffeuring him around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true Liz. I have to look at the bright side!

      Delete
  12. What a fabulous Christmas gift! How fun to get a new vehicle! What a wonderful son you have. That's so special. And that Mitsubishi is sharp! I have a Mitsubishi Montero and it has been a dream vehicle. I've never checked into the Endeavor but I will now. One of these days I'm sure I'll be in the market for a new SUV because mine is a 2000. But it has been such a good vehicle that I see no need to invest in a new one when this one is running just fine! I like not having a car payment...

    What a bittersweet event, Darian's moving out. On the one hand, it's exciting to see him take flight and go into the world with all that you've instilled within him but I'm sure it's also sad to see him go. I hope he visits often!

    Enjoy the rest of the holidays. Fun that you got a surprise visit from your cousins! That's sweet...

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving this Mitsubishi! This is a 2007. I am happy to have it!! It is a dream! Yes, hard to see the boy take flight. Wasn't under the best circumstances. But not much I can do about it! I just will keep on loving him and praying for him!

      Delete
  13. It certainly was a great gift but I'm sure the fact that knowing you've done a good job bringing him up so that he appreciated you enough to want to give you that gift makes it even more special. You will miss Darian but I expect he'll be around for some of your homecooked food often and yes we have to let them go. Let them go and they often come back. Happy new Year Paula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is an extra-special son for sure! I hope that Darian will pay us lots of visits!!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!