Friday, November 11, 2016

Winter Fruit Salad

Our Winter Fruit Salad


It is time to share with you something amazing! Something more positive than the last few days. I found this recipe at Cooking Classy



Winter Fruit Salad 

Ingredients

Dressing

3 T. fresh lemon juice (I used bottled)
3 T. granulated sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 T. hone
2 tsp. poppy seeds

Salad

8 Mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented (I used two 15 oz. cans, drained)
4 apples, Gala and Golden Delicious (I used all Gala)
4 ripe kiwis, peeled and diced
4 bananas, peeled and sliced
1-1/2 pomegranate arils (I used one large pomegranate. 


Directions

1) In a mixing bowl or jar whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
2) In a large bowl stir the fruit together; cover with the salad dressing and gently toss. Serve immediately for best results.



This recipe made a huge bowl of salad. It says it would serve 10 people. We ate big bowls of it and still had a good size bowl left over.

Darian and I ate the leftovers for lunch the next day and we both thought it was even better chilled and a bit juicier. Yummy!
And it is beautiful too!!


18 comments:

  1. When I was young and helping my mother set the table, she taught me about color for meals. Your beautiful salad reminded me of that conversation. Color can do a lot to make the meal appealing. I just bought kiwis on sale, so I know just what to do with them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom taught me that too. I remember her saying you can't have two foods on the plate the same color. I try to follow that to this day. This salad was lucious!

      Delete
  2. It looks so yummy and so colorful!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula - that looks delicious ... I occasionally have fruit with my salad ... love it. Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love fruit at our house!! Cheers to you my friend!

      Delete
  4. Yum. I love fruit in my salads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason you don't think of putting oil in fruit but this looks really good! I am going to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered when I was preparing it, about the oil. But it was delicious. Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  6. It sure is beautiful! It is going on my to make list for sure. Thanks Paula.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!