Thursday, November 17, 2016

EnJoy Five Minute Friday

I used to participate in this writing challenge each week. I have missed it and have decided that I am going to start again.  Care to join me?


You can find the prompt at Heading Home. 


Here’s how it works:

Every Thursday, a one-word prompt will be announced here on Kate's blog at 10pm EST.
The link-up is open for a full week, until the following Thursday evening.

To participate in Five Minute Friday, all you have to do is write for five minutes on the word of the week, post your words on your own blog, and link up the post on Kate's blog (via the InLinkz button at the bottom of the post). Be sure to add the actual permalink to your specific post, and not your blog’s homepage (e.g. http://katemotaung.com/five-minute-friday/ and not just katemotaung.com).

Just write.


Also, the most important rule is that you visit the blog of the person who linked up before you and leave some encouragement.  That’s the most fun of all, and the heart of this community



The word this week is Enjoy!

Go

Do you know what I enjoy about my blog? I enjoy coming here and finding peace. I can write whatever I want and people will still leave me a comment. Not everyone agrees with me. And that is okay. I don't mind that people disagree with me. As long as they do it nicely. It isn't necessary to call names. Or be mean. Or be a bully. Just nicely disagree and tell me why. 

I enjoy reading the comments people leave.   Because I feel  you are all my friends. We have a lot in common and we genuinely like each other. Isn't that true? I enjoy writing about my life. And leaving a bit of legacy here for family. I think the majority of my family knows that I blog and come here and read my blog. Many of them don't leave comments but I know they have been here. I don't have any personal (in the flesh) friends (that I know of) come to read but if they want to they can. I would enjoy that. I don't advertise my blog for a reason. Sometimes people just take things the wrong way and I don't need the drama in my life.

I really enjoy going to others blog to read about their lives, their families, what they like to cook, to read, to decorate. I have met some amazing people from all around the world. Blogging is such an enjoyable hobby. I am glad to be among one who still blogs. Many have left for other social venues like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and the rest. But I like blogging because it allows me to write my story. Sometimes my story takes up more than 140 characters. What do you enjoy about blogging?

What I most enjoy about blogging is being able to tell my inner most thoughts. To lay it all out there. To bare my soul. To reach others who may be going through what I am going through. I have met other grandma's raising grandkids. I have met other widows or daughters who have cared for their dying loved ones. We have given each other support in the best way we know how. I have met Christians and non-Christians. I've been accepted by both sides. It is what I enjoy about blogging. I have been able to find myself and accept myself for who I am. What do you enjoy?

STOP
















30 comments:

  1. I'm with you! Blogging has been one of the best decisions that I have made - the opportunity to write, process, connect, record, celebrate, explore and discover... so incredibly helpful and awesome! Great post - brought that perspective right back for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma! Without blogging I don't know that I would work through life's problems the way I do!

      Delete
  2. Love this, Paula. Blogging is the only form of social media that I really use, or fully enjoy. Twitter's a bit like email, and I really don't 'get' Facebook.

    What's Instagram?

    Blogging lets me contribute what I still can - basically, the message that when all hope is lost you can still keep hope alive.

    #2 at FMF this week.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2016/11/your-dying-spouse-234-goodbye.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always good to keep hope alive. I remember when Richard was so sick it was hard to hope. And then I thought I would be okay once he was not longer suffering. Only then did I find out that it would be me suffering once he was gone. There are always two sides to each coin, isn't there?

      Delete
  3. I also love blogging and thanks for introducing me to this party - I've joined in this week. You must type really fast as you packed a lot into your five minutes lol. I'm on Facebook but not very active. I have a very idle Twitter account - can't get the hang of that. I also have Instagram but again it's practically dormant. Blogging works best for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do type pretty fast. I was a business school graduate before being a nurse! LOL! Facebook is too full of drama so I have to limit my time there. I'm not sure how Twitter works either. Too hard to follow the conversation, in my opinion. I, too, have Instagram but mainly just pictures

      Delete
  4. I think this is one of the best posts you have written since I began reading your blog. I agree with much of what you say. I had one friend criticize me for talking about fellow bloggers as if I 'know' them personally. Meanwhile, she follows a gazillion celebrities on Twitter and I am pretty sure she has never met any of them. I wish I had more time to post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. I feel like I DO know my fellow bloggers. I talk to them much more than I do to 'real' people! I take time for blogging. It is what I'm interested in!

      Delete
  5. There truly is a lot to enjoy about blogging. I especially enjoy reading about the things every one does and getting a different view or opinion from others and seeing all the sights of places I've never been. Thankfully blogging has always been a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You summed up so well why I enjoy blogging too. I love to learn new things and meet new people through it. We do have a great community of bloggers too. I enjoy reading your blog!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Betty! I feel that we are almost like neighbors!

      Delete
  7. Oh goodness. I tried to do this today and had a hard time working against the clock. Maybe it's the topic. There is too much to write and I couldn't focus on one thing. I like that you focused on blogging. I enjoy blogging so much and when I first started blogging, I was thinking about it every waking moment. I wrote every day and felt a great passion. Somewhere along the line, I lost the passion. I know I still have it but I've got to take action to find it again. I especially love following your blog posts and I love your writing style. So, there. I haven't written for 5 minutes but I've got to go grab a shower and head off to work for the last day of this week. I even enjoy going to work. Everything about my life is fairly joyful. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first see the word I think about it for a bit before I start writing my post. I try to see how the word fits into my life. That way the words can flow instead of me trying to force them. Might not always make for the most interesting post, but it works for me.

      Delete
  8. I enjoy reading all kinds of different blogs, I enjoy reading about different parts of the United States! I enjoy coming here to read about you and what is happening! I also enjoy blogging. If bloggers all had the same views it would be pretty boring:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree FSOF! And I love reading yours. And all the wonderful pictures you share! Stay warm!!

      Delete
  9. Hi Paula! Haven't met you yet, but I enjoyed your post.

    I also love blogging, simply because it gives a platform for my voice. Everything else I do for work and service is helping OTHER people communicate better. Blogging is what I do for me... an outlet for what I think and what I feel. There's such JOY in that!

    Secondly, I think we DO become friends with our fellow bloggers. Maybe not in the "let's go get some coffee" kind of friendship, but whenever we take time to encourage and lift someone else up with our words, a little piece of our heart 'turns toward' that person! We become much more than just 'random strangers' to each other. There are times when my heart actually leaps to receive a comment from one of my writer-friends. Perhaps only a blogger who has experienced it is able to understand it.

    So glad to have met you. (your neighbour in #10 this week)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Shauna! I agree with everything you said. I think bloggers can understand this most!

      Delete
  10. That take you about 2 days to prepare

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your candor, Paula! Blog-friend Jon has encouraged me to start a second (private) log where I'm not so concerned about treading on certain toes. (If'n I go there, you'll be one of the first to know.)

    I never ever would have expected the sort of friendships that have developed through blogging! Maybe it's best not to examine it too closely, but appreciate what I've been given. Thank you for being YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about a private blog! But then it just makes people go crazy trying to find you and why you aren't blogging with all your personal stuff. And causing drama some other way. So I just say what I want and if it isn't popular they can go away and not bother me. Sometimes I delete comments from my blog from people who are nasty. They get the idea pretty fast!! Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  12. I'm so glad you are a faithful blogger - in both senses - and that I can always visit your blog for a slice of life, a slice of faith, something interesting and personal to read. Thank you for your candor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blogging's like the granddaddy of social media. We get to write what we want and publish it in the form we want. There's a place for the others, of course, but it's not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not a good blogger but i still love it. I am soooo glad i "met" you a few years ago thru blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been a good blogger!! You just have a busy life! I'm happy to have met you too!

      Delete
  15. I'm glad you're back, Paula! I often forget people's blog names, so I use the link ups to find familiar faces :). I enjoy blogging because I love the creative outlet. I think I've improved a lot as a writer, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I try to keep up with the challenges! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!