Monday, November 14, 2016

A Post Election Life List

LOOKING OUT MY WINDOW....

November couldn't be more beautiful! It is 63* here with a beautiful blue sky and no wind. It is supposed to be like this the rest of the week. Even into the mid 70's. But will get windier as the week goes along. 

AS I PONDER.... 

As I ponder this past election, I think it is going to be up to us to move on. I do not like the way the Trump supporters are acting. On 60 Minutes last night he asked his supporters to "Stop". I wonder if they will. Now those who are protesting and acting stupid on the behalf of Hillary need to stop too! She lost the election fair and square. There is nothing to protest. The American way to is get behind the President Elect and help him in the best way you know how. That isn't by taunting others with stupid memes on Facebook. That isn't by chanting "Lock her up" (because he is not going to do that) It isn't by telling little Mexican kids that they are going to be deported. That is the rhetoric he pushed during his campaign. He will dial it back now. (They always do). We need to work for more jobs, lower taxes, fixing our infrastructure, loving one another, and healing the divide in America. Donald can't do that. But we can. Hillary can't make us stop the stupid crap. But we can stop. And become more accepting of others who might not look just like us. Now is the time!! Just do it!!


WHAT I AM LEARNING...




I am learning the older I get the easier it is to let go. I can let go of ideas that might not have been the best ideas. I can let go of people who are dragging me down, not building me up. 









WHAT I 'M CREATING...






I'm going to make a couple of Christmas wreaths for my front door. I'm busy looking at Pinterest right now. And then I will be creating a winter wonderland inside the house. While the temperatures outside are still in the 60's and 70's. It is getting colder at night. We have had a couple hovering close to the upper 30's mark. But still very nice outside. These are three of my top contenders. Which one do you like best???








WHAT I'M READING....


I am still reading Behind The Beautiful Forevers. This is not an easy book to read. What I am finding out that it makes some of the pettiness that is going on in my country more bearable. We have so much to be thankful for. I cannot imagine living the life of these people in India. I am also listening to Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale. I am liking it so far. 



WHAT I'M WATCHING...


I've waited so patiently for the return of Rectify. This is the final season. This is such a good show. And the cast is phenomenal. If you haven't watched it I think you can find the past episodes somewhere. Ha! Ha! That sounds intelligent, doesn't it. Anyway. You won't go wrong with this series. I love it! I don't want it to end. 



WHAT I'M HEARING...


I haven't started yet! But I will soon. Time to start listening to Christmas Carols. What is your favorite carol? Mine is Silent Night!

WHAT'S ON MY CAMERA...




teaching Darian to sew

teaching granny to take selfies

teaching granny duck lips






WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE KITCHEN...


Monday...Cleaning up the leftovers

Tuesday...Braum's BOGO

Wednesday..Tuna Sandwiches

Thursday...Breakfast for dinner

Friday...Chili

Saturday...Chicken & Noodles

Sunday...Pizza


A QUOTE I WANT TO SHARE... 















A peek into my week...

I am going to be doing some housework, laundry, mow the grass, and plan my shopping list for the week. Darian is working on Thursday and Sunday. So that frees him up for some chores around here. Harley has school all week and wants to go out of town for the march towards the State Championship! 


 


A final thought...

While the world we are living in gets crazier I am going to get smarter. I am not going to allow others to get me down. What are you going to do??



Have a wonderful week to all my readers!!

32 comments:

  1. Wise words there Paula. The snowflake wreath is my favourite one but they're all lovely. I'm trying to be more organised about Christmas this year but I don't want to be listening to carols just yet! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harley and I really like the snowflake wreath too!!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm. I think I will eat more cheesecake. I like the red and white berry wreath best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating more cheesecake is always a good thing!

      Delete
  3. Favorite wreath? Berries!
    Favorite Christmas carol? Oh, Holy Night (Michael Crawford version).
    Fav photo? Duck faces forever!:)

    Your "Pondering" paragraph is wonderfully stated, Paula.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the white wreath, but all 3 are very nice looking :) I agree with you about the election, time to move on and get to work to fixing the nation's problems and for us to be kinder with each other. Favorite Christmas carol is O Holy Night :) Glad the weather is pleasant, added bonus to trying to have a good week ahead!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love O Holy Night too! Have a good week Betty!!

      Delete
  5. Hiya Paula! My last visit until after the holidays and some R and R for me. Not even going anywhere, just taking time away from technology. Favorite wreath: the berries, but that could be because we get enough snow. Favorite Christmas carol: Adeste Fideles by Andrea Bocelli. Guy's got some pipes! whichever wreath your choose to make it will be lovely because you take sho much care to make things that way. I will be starting my Christmas film fest soon and with that will be part of my 'me time' while I'm away from my blog. Wishing you and yours the best of the upcoming holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will miss you, but I understand. Good holidays to you, my friend!!

      Delete
  6. I like the snowflake wreath, I might put some blue bulbs on it, or a pretty blue ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I like the berries! There is so much unrest it is kinda like back in the 1960's.
    I don't pay any attention to Facebook and lately we are skipping the National News...still some of the bad filters through.
    Today at Woodcarving...no one spoke of the election!! It was nice!!
    Do the best you can do everyday...those are my wise words. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wise words. I think it best to avoid the national news. Sometimes even our local news if just so full of anger. And definitely Facebook!!

      Delete
  8. I can get behind each of those wreaths, so I'm no help. And as for Christmas music, 11 year working in retail killed all my enjoyment of Christmas music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can imagine that Liz! I like all the wreaths too but I am leaning towards making the snowflake one. It will depend on what items I find when I head out for a shopping trip!

      Delete
  9. Hi Paula - great to see Darian learning to sew. The selfies ... um?!

    Christmas wreaths look amazing - good luck with those - Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary. I am trying to teach him some basics so he can fix things himself. I haven't yet decided which wreath. I like them all!! But I like the snowflake best I think.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Many people like that one!

      Delete
  11. As I ponder ... I totally agree.

    Wreaths ... love them all, but especially the red and white one.

    Final thought ... I am going to get kinder.

    ğŸ˜ƒğŸ˜ŠğŸ˜€ğŸ˜‡ğŸ˜‹ğŸ¤—ğŸ˜ŽğŸ™‚❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need to do that, don't we? Be kinder!!

      Delete
  12. I so agree! We should never let someone steel our joy. It's up to us to decide our own attitude and I choose to be happy ! I love all the wreathes and will be looking forward to you showing us what you make. It's been beautiful fall weather here too but our weekend forecast is calling for Snow by Sunday. Count it all JOY and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a wonderful weekend too, my friend!

      Delete
  13. I love that quote! So true!! I may borrow it when I bring back my Notable Quotables series, if that's okay...

    I agree with you on your post election thoughts. We have so much work to do and these antics on both sides are keeping the country divided. We need to find a way to come together and support this great nation. So much is at stake! I'm tired of worrying about it. I just hope Trump does some good for this country. One thing that I would like to see though, is the elimination of the Electoral College. That's so outdated and antiquated. We obviously have the technology to ensure a fair election with the popular vote.

    Re: the wreaths: I like the red one best. It's very striking.

    And thanks for the reminder to simply Let Go! Sage advice there...

    Have a good week Paula.

    Michele at Angels Bark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome to steal it, Michele. I stole it from Pinterest. I would like to see the electoral college go too. So many people I know don't vote because they feel it doesn't matter. And if you live in a Republican state (like I do) it doesn't seem to matter if you are wanting to chose Democrat!

      Delete
  14. I have been reading Behind the Beautiful Forevers for a long time! I keep stopping and going back to it. I completely agree that we could all use perspective on how inpovershed people live and be grateful for our abundance. Also if you haven't already read A Fine Balance I recommend it. Kind of similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am closing in on the final 100 pages. It hasn't really grabbed me as a "good" story but it is a good perspective, as you said!

      Delete
  15. Very wise words post election now if people would just shut the heck up and play the cards they've been dealt, life would be much nicer. My favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Wendy! We need to just accept it. We can vote him out in 4 years!! And pray a lot in the meantimes!!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!