Monday, October 24, 2016

The Sister-A Book Review

My favorite kind of book! This is a psychological thriller. And it surprised me with a couple of twists I didn't see coming.

I listened to this book on Audible. And had the follow along book on my Kindle app for those times I fell asleep while listening. 

Grace and Charlie were best friends. They buried a time capsule of memories. While Grace wasn't looking, Charlie slipped in a pink envelope. It's a note that is only to be read by them when they open the time capsule together.

But Charlie dies before they get this chance. And the last words she ever says to Grace are: "I did something terrible Grace. I Hope you can forgive me..." 

The story changes time frames from 'then' to 'now' throughout the story. We hear about their friendship in the 'then' sections. And we hear about how much Graces misses Charlie and the affect on her life after Charlie dies. And then there is the mysterious person who is following her. And sending her letters. And calling her on the phone. It keeps you on the edge of your seat.

Like I said, my kind of book! I give it ****




18 comments:

  1. Oh this does sound good!!! So many great books and so little time!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Not really a scary book, Liz! I know you don't like those.

      Delete
  3. Sounds interesting! And spooky reading is even better so close to Halloween! Boo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't really spooky so much as just unnerving to think these kinds of people exist!

      Delete
  4. A four star rating from you Paula means I'll be looking out for it over here in England :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got it but haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If its plot twists surprised you, Paula, that's high praise. Good enough for this reader!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great. Putting it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read a book called Sister which was great, but this wasn't it. Mine was by Rosamunde Lupton and it was excellent too. I am adding this one to my list. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check that book out Joyce. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  9. Not much of a fan of psychological thrillers but I'll put this one on my list.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!