Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Just Clicking on the ClickList

I've often wondered how I will know that I have died and gone to Heaven! Today I found out. I have discovered ClickList!!!!!! This is a new way to grocery shop at Dillon's (or Kroger's in other parts of the country) In my neck of the woods, Kroger's is called Dillon's. For all of you who didn't know, the Dillon's operation was born in Hutchinson, Kansas. Right here where I live. And then it merged with Kroger. And Kroger is huge!! But we are still called Dillon's in Kansas.

Anyhooo....ClickList is the new on-line grocery shopping service. You shop, at home, on your computer. I filled out my list while I was drinking my coffee and wearing my pj's with Late Night TV blaring in the background. Who the heck doesn't want to grocery shop like that??? I have never been fond of grocery shopping. Richard loved to do it. And I loved for him to do it. Has not been one of the chores I wanted to take over. I used to dream of the day the grocery store would accept my order and then deliver it to me. ClickList doesn't deliver (yet) but it's the next easiest thing. I just drive up to the store at the designated time, call the number listed on the sign, and out they come with my entire order. They load it into the car. And wham, bam, thank you mam' I'm on my way home.

Eventually they will charge $4.99 for the service. The first three times you use the service now is free. I imagine it will cost you more when they start to deliver. But I figure I save at least $5.00 from no impulse buying while I am in the store. 

I thought it would be awkward to have someone else pick out my produce. But it wasn't. I got the best looking red pepper and the freshest bag of fresh spinach. Exactly what I would have picked. And the boneless, skin-less chicken breasts would have been to my choice too. 

The ordering could not have been easier. For right now you can only pay with a debit or credit card (that is all I ever use anyway) but I was told that soon you can pay on-line and never have to even show them your card. ClicktList will even keep track of what you buy so the next time your shopping will be ever easier. I reserved my pick-up time (for now it has to be at least for tomorrow) and set my timer for when I needed to head to the store. Threw on my crocs and kept on my shorts. Didn't even need to comb my hair because I didn't get out of the car. 

When they brought my order to the car she
went over the entire order with me. She told me that I had ordered something they were out of but (for no added cost) they gave me a larger size of the store brand of the same thing. Win! Win! There was a small problem with my debit card (a story for another day) which was solved with a trip to the bank (grrrrrr) and back to get my groceries. The store personnel were the best. Even the manager came to car to make sure I was pleased with how things turned out.I think that was probably because of the debit card issue. He was so nice.  






If you have this service in your area I highly recommend it. I am not being paid to tell you this either. I'd take the pay if they offer. But they haven't 
 Heck I may NEVER go to the grocery store again! That's how much I dislike shopping!!

22 comments:

  1. So glad you shared your experience!
    Ya, I've wondered ... particularly about the produce. Figures, your Dillons and our Frys/aka, Krogers are one and the same.
    Their customer service associates are so amazing, over here, I actually enjoy going inside ... but you're right about the impulse-buying trap. Definitely, tho' I'll do this during the holiday rush. I HATE crowds!
    Is tipping suggested, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No tipping! I don't like crowds either!

      Delete
  2. I've seen that WalMart offers this service, but I have never known anyone that has participated in it at any store. Definitely a win-win situation! I could so totally "get into it". I'm always grateful I have the money to be able to go grocery shopping, but it is a chore I don't relish and it can be painful at times as hubby likes to linger at this item and item and I just want to get out of the store. I might have to look into what stores offer it here and just take the plunge and do it. Thanks for a positive review about it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think our WalMart does this. I never shop WalMart unless my Marketplace doesn't carry it. Our Walmart is just filled with weirdos. Take the plunge, Betty!!

      Delete
  3. We've had online shopping here in the UK for a while now. All the main big supermarkets do it. It really does get easier the more you use it. And they deliver to your home. I use Tesco and I can pick a one hour slot if I'm busy or you can pick a more flexible 4 hour slot which is cheaper. They're great about substitutions and you can look at all the special offers too. I love it but we do still go to the store as well. I mainly use it for all the basics like canned goods, cleaning/laundry products etc. They also offer a click and collect service and although I've never used that it could be handy if you want to go to the other stores at the retail park and then pick up your shopping as you head home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you are a pro at this Wendy!

      Delete
  4. A small local grocery has had it for years and the local Kroger keeps sending me emails to try it out. I still enjoy wandering the grocery store aisles. I just hate putting groceries away when I get home. If I ever have a serious injury again, this would certainly come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not crazy about putting the groceries away either. This would be great if you were injured or ill and you could still get out of the house. I was told delivery will be coming next year. For now I am thrilled with this!

      Delete
  5. This was an interesting read. I'm glad to know they chose good-looking produce for you. I enjoy going to the store. In bad weather, I pick a larger store because I can get my walk in by going up and down the aisles. I definitely appreciate the benefit of ordering and either delivery or pick-up because I know folks who either can't do the shopping or don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I will pay for delivery! Maybe in the winter. But, for now, I am in love with this!!

      Delete
  6. I would love this. However, it has yet to catch on here at the end of the earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will in time. Do you have Kroger's in your area??

      Delete
  7. Gee now you don't have to hope that your cart is all charged up and no one peed on the seat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We live so far in the boonies I will be 90 before this happens here. I like the shopping, it is the lugging to the car pushing a cart in a snowy icy parking lot I hate and then the unloading and unpacking at home. Sometimes I make menus as I shop...must going to be a frightful winter as our freezer is now full:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just hoping that enough people use this service so our store will keep it. I don't like the loading and unloading either. That is why I wait until the kids are home to get the groceries. Wonder what I'll do when they are gone.

      Delete
  9. I seriously cannot wait until this happens in my town. I get you! I hate crowds so shop at 6:00am on Sunday mornings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And who wants to get up that early?? LOL

      Delete
  10. Harris teeter in our area offers a similar service. Don't know much about it because my husband and I still shop together. We also have delivery available. Some day both those option would be nice and necessary, but I don't dislike food shopping. I am within walking distance to a grocery store so I would probably still walk if I couldn't drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you like shopping then this service would not be for you. I don't like to shop. Not at all! I would love to live close enough to walk, however. Good to see you Elaine!!

      Delete
  11. My friend, Kim, tried this and was very pleased. I hate shopping...except for grocery shopping...so I will continue to do my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most especially hate grocery shopping. I'm not into other shopping much either. Thank goodness for on-line shopping!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!