Friday, September 9, 2016

Good as Gone-A Book Review

Overview From Barnes and Noble


Thirteen-year-old Julie Whitaker was kidnapped from her bedroom in the middle of the night, witnessed only by her younger sister. Her family was shattered, but managed to stick together, hoping against hope that Julie is still alive. And then one night: the doorbell rings. A young woman who appears to be Julie is finally, miraculously, home safe. The family is ecstatic—but Anna, Julie’s mother, has whispers of doubts.  She hates to face them. She cannot avoid them. When she is contacted by a former detective turned private eye, she begins a torturous search for the truth about the woman she desperately hopes is her daughter.

I both read and listened to this book. I purchased it from Amazon Kindle for $2.99 and added the audible version for $3.99. 

This was a good book! I love this genre of thrillers. Thirteen year old Julie is kidnapped from her house. She returns to the home 8 years later.  Julie's mother is contacted by a private detective who had originally worked the case, he plants the seed that this might not be her daughter.
The story is about Anna, the mother, searching for the truth. Mixed throughout the book are stories of what was happening to Julie during her 8 year absence. I was surprised at the ending. And I loved it. Took me about 8 hours to both listen and read. It is only about 288 pages.

This book gets 4 stars **** from me!!

14 comments:

  1. Oh... No spoilers, eh? I kind of want to know before going in, but I know you can't spoil it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No spoilers Liz!! But it ends in a good way!

      Delete
  2. I love your book reviews, but then I'm always tempted to go and buy the book and I have way too many to read first :)

    sounds very intriguing!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Betty. Most of the ones I have saved on my Nook were freebies. I try to read the ones I purchase first. I need to get down to my library and set up an account so I can check them out. Only problem is that I read slow and sometimes 3 week is just not enough to finish a book!

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed your read. It sounds like an interesting plot. Did you read and listen at the same time, or separately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened for the most part. But if I fell asleep while listening I could use the book to find where I last remembered the story. I like how they have both together. But I have to use my phone for the Kindle App. And my phone screen is tiny!!

      Delete
  4. Sounds darn enjoyable. I need to step up my game ...or you need to slow down! (😀)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You work full time. I am retired! And lazy. So I read!

      Delete
  5. Sounds good but like other my TBR pile never seems to go down! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this author yet. This book sounds really good so I'm adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heck, I may as well add another one to the list....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I hear that Wendy! It is a shame we cannot share our electronic books, isn't it!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!