Monday, September 26, 2016

Fall has Arrived Lift List

LOOKING OUT MY WINDOW....

The sun is shining. It is the perfect fall day. The temperature is 75*. There is only a slight breeze. Some part of Kansas were down into the upper 30's last night.


AS I PONDER.... 

Last night I had the strangest dream. I dreamed that I was going to start playing softball twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday. I hate playing softball. In fact I am not a big fan of any kind of sport that I am participating in. Maybe bowling. I used to bowl. I don't anymore. I am not opposed to trying it again. 








WHAT I 'M CREATING...

I am currently creating supper...Million Dollar Spaghetti casserole. The kids love it. Harley was out of school today so she helped fix it. Here is the recipe if you are interested in trying it.




 


WHAT I'M READING....


I am reading The Firm by John Grisham which I thought I had already read but nothing of it sounds familiar yet. And I am still listening to The Things We Wish Were True by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen


WHAT I'M WATCHING...


I am getting ready to watch the Presidential Debate. I am hoping one of these candidates will come out of this looking better than what they have been looking. Never have I been so torn about who is going to be elected! And I have so much fear for America!

WHAT I'M HEARING...


I am listening to Modern Family right now. Does anyone else find this show to be hilarious??

Pictures I want to share.....


Harley

Paige





WHAT I'M DRINKING....


I am enjoying a glass of iced coffee. Probably won't be able to sleep tonight!


WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THE KITCHEN...


Monday...Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole

Tuesday...Chicken & Zucchini Stir Fry

Wednesday..Ham/Turkey Wraps

Thursday...Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Friday...Goulash

Saturday...Cornbread Salad

Sunday...Make Your Own Taco Bar


A QUOTE I WANT TO SHARE...







I love F. Scott Fitzgerald!
And isn't it true that fall makes you feel like you can start all over again?







Happenings in my backyard...

Leaves are falling off the cottonwoods. I don't own any cottonwoods but I sure have a yard full of leaves from the trees that surround me. The squirrels are stripping the acorns from the oak. And there are green leaves and tiny branches from that tree. We might have to mow once more. Maybe twice. And then I am putting away the mower. 


A peek into my week...

Not much going on in my week this week. Harley was out of school today. Darian has a couple of activities on Wednesday and Thursday but he will be riding his bike so I don't have to be involved. Harley is staying after school on Friday to make caramel apples for the Fall Frolic on Saturday. And I am thinking Justin and Paige may come over again on Sunday. 


 


A final thought...

Allergy season is still in full force here. I still sneeze and cough my head off. We need a good freeze to kill all this crap that is in the air. And then maybe I will start feeling better. 

29 comments:

  1. Hi Paula - it's good to hear what you're doing ... and then the news re the kids etc ... and the weather predictions re the mowing ... a general normal family time ... keeping the wheels of school turning ... enjoy your Fall - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I am trying to do Hilary. Just keep the wheels of normal turning!!

      Delete
  2. I think I am going to make that casserole sometime. It looks delicious. I love Modern Family. I don't get to watch it much, but always a good laugh when I do. I watched the debate, I too am worried about our country. I would imagine a lot of people have already decided who they will vote for. It will be good to have the ads off the TV though.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The casserole IS delicious. But, I'm sure it isn't that healthy!! LOL! I watch all the re-runs of Modern Family. I haven't seen a current show. Yes, the debate certainly did not help me decide who I want to vote for. But I was disgusted with the rude, ill-mannered way that Trump chose to debate. I was hoping he would help me to change my mind about him. Nope, didn't happen. He gets another chance however!

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your allergies. I too had a horrible weekend with watery eyes, sneezing and coughing. I will likely be mowing my lawn until mid-November . Right now the big focus is on cutting back on all the plants . Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise. I don't have a full, lush lawn so it will soon die out!

      Delete
  4. Your description off your perfect fall day sounds perfect to me! My first-time voter grand girl and I watched the debate together. She is taking her vote very seriously. Your grandgirls are beauties and Harley's smile is infectious! Caramel apples and a fall frolic sound like FUN! I had to look up cornbread salad. Hadn't heard of it before. I'll be at the back fence with a plate and fork on Saturday!!! Sounds like a fun meal! I wish I could have read you were feeling better. Allergies can be a real drain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the allergies are draining for sure! My grandson, (first time voter, too), has already made up his mind about voting. I was hoping he would watch the debate but he didn't. The salad is really good. I wish you could join us for dinner!

      Delete
  5. Fall is a season of change. Every day the view from the porch changes and there are some changes for me too. I know clergy sufferers are looking forward to a freeze but I am in no hurry. I had to use a blanket last night but am hoping not to turn the furnace on anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blankets for us here too! The inside temp of the house today is 68* Very comfortable

      Delete
  6. Auto correct did it again...that was meant to be allergy sufferers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we love it when it corrects to something that makes no sense!!

      Delete
  7. Watery eyes here along with the occasional sneezing attack. Fall is here in the swamps also as I almost had to find a blanket last night with that 68* low.Sitting on the porch with the kids is enjoyable with the squitters and moths gone for a while

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good sign. It is 68* here in my house today too!

      Delete
  8. My sister told of an acorn barrage on the studio roof recently, caused by a flock of up to a thousand starlings landing and jostling in the oak trees. We hear them fall a few at a time, but never all at once. Loud and startling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine!! I never thought to look and see if it is starlings. We have a lot of those here too!

      Delete
  9. I am soooo enjoying the cooler temps! Its supposed to be 80 today and tomorrow but its a nice break from the high 90's.
    Our air conditioner is on the fritz so i prefer it to be colder in my house than it currently is. Oh well, its getting repaired tomorrow hopefully.
    Great picture of Harley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! A/C problems are so annoying. Hope it is fixed and cheap!! Thanks from Harley.

      Delete
  10. That spaghetti casserole looks really good! I wonder how well it will work with spaghetti squash? I love this time of year! It's so nice to open the windows and air out the house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how it work with spaghetti squash. Good idea though! I have windows open today at my house

      Delete
  11. We love Modern Family. It is hilarious as was the debate last night. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am no closer to deciding who I am going to vote for. I am divided on the issues between the two. But I am torn as to whether to trust either of them. And Donald Trump scares the hell out of me!

      Delete
  12. That's such an awesome (FSF) quote! We're still in the upper 90's, but I swear there's a 'crisp' feel to the mornings.... I'll take it!

    Funny, our dreams. A few years ago, while sound asleep I could not get ENOUGH orange juice. Literally, I could feel the pump on my tongue and was all worried how I could sneak out of the house and find some w/o waking Tom. The kicker being, I can't STAND orange juice! When I told Tom, he surprised me with a quart of o.j. -- I tried drinking it and sure enough ... bleah! But if you're ready to bowl, I say 'go for it!'

    PS - I didn't want to, but got sucked into watching the debate; and wound up so cross and angry. Neither is worth developing an ulcer pver, but I hope Lester Holt gets canned. (I hate the media!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you about Lester Holt. Surprisingly I haven't read a thing about him on the internet today. Nah, I doubt I will bowl either. Unless it's for fun with the kids one weekend!

      Delete
  13. Hope the allergies soon settle down. I couldn't see the spaghetti dish, maybe because on the iPad not laptop but I'm sure it would be yummy. Enjoy the rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the recipe you can go to Six Sister's Stuff blog and search for the recipe! It is delicious

      Delete
  14. Fall? I'm so jealous. On Monday we hit 105. It's cooler today. The high was only 91.

    The casserole reminds me of something I tried a couple weeks back. The Dump and Bake Chicken Parmesan. http://www.happygoluckyblog.com/2016/05/dump-bake-chicken-parmesan.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to check out your recipe! Sounds yummy!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!