The title of the post was The Most Controversial Books Published in the Past Decade. It listed these books:
- And Tango Makes Three by Peter Parnell and Justin Peterson. This book is about a same sex couple in the animal kingdom
- In the Line of Fire by Pervez Musharraf. This book was written by Pakistan's President at that time.
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexi. This is the story of a budding cartoonist who grew up on a Indian Reservation.
- Wetlands by Charlotte Roche. This is the story of a sexually precocious 18 year old recovering from an operation.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett. This book tells the story of a black maid from Mississippi in the early 1960's.
- Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo. In this book a father relates the story of his young son, recovering from an emergency operation, where he says that he visited heaven, while he was being operated on.
- Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James. This is a novel about a man's erotic tastes.
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. A novel about a husband and wife's actions upon the sudden disappearance of the wife.
- Eleanor and Parks by Rainbow Rowell. This story is about two teenagers in the 1980's who fall in love over the course of a year.
- Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham. This book is written by the producer and star of HBO's The Girls.
- Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee. This book is a follow-up to the famed book To Kill A Mockingbird by the same author.
From this list I have The Help on my TBR list. I've heard a lot about the movie. And Barnes and Noble had the book on sale a while back so I bought it. I'll let you know what I think after I read it. It's on the list because of it being a "watered-down" version of racial segregation.
I haven't paid any of the other books any mind. But now that they have made this list I might be looking into reading them. That is what I think these kinds of list do for books. They make them more attractive to people who wouldn't have ever given them the time of day.
What do you think?? Have you read any of these books?? Do you want to read any of them?? I hope you will share your thoughts.