Friday, August 19, 2016

The Boy in the Suitcase-A Book Review

Overview

Nina Borg, a Red Cross nurse, wife, and mother of two, is a compulsive do-gooder who can’t say no when someone asks for help—even when she knows better. When her estranged friend Karin leaves her a key to a public locker in the Copenhagen train station, Nina gets suckered into her most dangerous project yet. Inside the locker is a suitcase, and inside the suitcase is a three-year-old boy: naked and drugged, but alive.
Is the boy a victim of child trafficking? Can he be turned over to authorities, or will they only return him to whoever sold him? When Karin is discovered brutally murdered, Nina realizes that her life and the boy’s are in jeopardy, too. In an increasingly desperate trek across Denmark, Nina tries to figure out who the boy is, where he belongs, and who exactly is trying to hunt him down.


I listened to this book on my Amazon Kindle app which is on my phone. I bought the book for $1.99 and got the audible version for another $2.99. This is very affordable for an audio book. I do not have a Audible subscription because I don't listen to books all that much. (Although I have been lately). The book is narrated by Kathryn Kellgren. She does an excellent accent and I would never have been able to pronounce many of the Danish names throughout the book.

It took me awhile to tie the characters together. The story never drug, for me, but I often had to go to the book itself to try to figure out where the story was going. Once I hit the half-way point the story started to come together. It was a good mystery/thriller. For those of you who might be squeamish to this type of story, the boy in the suitcase is ALIVE!!

I will give this book a solid 3 stars. ***

8 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, not sure I could listen to an aidible, it might relax me so much I would fall asleep.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the problem I have Betty. With this book I also had the print version so I could go back and find my place. But that is the worst thing about audible is falling asleep!

      Delete
  2. Yup, this is going in my queue! I'm quite the fan of mystery/thrillers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're listening to a lot of books. Might be time for an Audible subscription...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. I only spent $2.99 this past month. A subscription is $14.95! I'll keep doing it this way for now!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!