Friday, August 26, 2016

Tablecloths and Plastic Hanger Brilliant Ideas

Rain, rain, rain! We are predicted to get nothing but rain for the next four days. I am glad Darian and I mowed the lawn yesterday. And today is the FIRST day they have both been gone. Harley is at school and Darian at work. YAY!! Wonderful peace in the house!

I have two amazing life hacks to share with you today. I have been saving them for a bit so it is time to just throw them out there. 

Do you own any of those wonderful folding tables?? Like these:


We have a few of them stacked up in the garage. We use them when we have large family gatherings (not many of those anymore) and three of them will seat all of my family comfortably. But finding table cloths to use on them was always a pain. I hate paper table cloths! What about you?? Then I found this amazing hack. Amazing, right? Especially if you are using the tables outside. Perfect fit!

Next hack is for something we usually throw away when we get home from the store. Those annoying hangers with the plastic clips. Have you ever even thought of recycling them? I know I haven't. Not until I saw this hack anyway. I use clothes pins or clips I have purchased especially for this purpose. But now I know what to do with those hangers!! Until next time.....have a great weekend!



26 comments:

  1. Cool hacks! Love the twin sheet idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever hacks ... good ideas - cheers and enjoy that rain - we are lovely and hot right now .. but it never lasts here! So I suspect storms are brewing ... especially as it's a bank holiday weekend over here.

    Enjoy the peace - and take care - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great ideas aren't they? I even like the idea of putting a sheet on the table to protect the tops while in storage!

      Delete
  3. I don't like this use of "hack." I believe hack is an extension of hacking a computer, to gain unauthorized information. On the other hand, the table cloth is a brilliant idea. Why not call it that instead of insinuating it is an idea obtained illegally or immorally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant idea!! Thanks Joanne. From now on they will be Brilliant ideas!!

      Delete
  4. I love both life hacks!

    I have 2 Harley's in my family. A son in law and a grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever with the twin sheet idea for the tables. I bet it was "nice" to have the quiet house yesterday :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice to have a quiet house!

      Delete
  6. I saw the twin sheet idea somewhere else. It's one I'm going to try for my farmers market days. Because I use those tables for my booth. As for closing bags, I found the perfect item for that, but it isn't a life hack as it's a bought product. It seals the bags up wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest maybe?? It would be a really good idea at the farmer's market. The wind wouldn't blow them. What is the product you use for bags??

      Delete
  7. That's so cool ... especially about the plastic hanger clips. I hate it when I go to use one in the 'regular' fashion and something goes pop-whizzz-away ... I'm scrambling to find the missile before one of the pups gets a hold of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great idea with the sheet for the table! I'll pass that on to some people I know who use these tables!!
    We got some rain last week - and even though it just made it more humid afterwards, it was still nice to listen to it coming down! so soothing...

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem with rain. The humidity it causes!

      Delete
  9. Great hacks! I will remember the one with the twin sheet as a tablecloth because we use our large tables a few times a year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to get me some nice sheets to use on my tables for the holidays! Wouldn't red be gorgeous for Christmas?

      Delete
  10. Great hacks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have the kind of table you showed, but it makes me wonder if the fitted sheet would work on my dining table if I added the extra table leaves. Might have to check that out. Either way, great tip. I like the clips you showed, too. I don't think I have a single hanger like that in the house, but if I find one, I will use the clips for sure! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if it works on your dining table. I wonder if it would work on mine!

      Delete
  12. Great ideas. I have no use for the tables, with just me and the dogs and no parties to host any more, but the clips could come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't know if I will have any use for those tables anymore either!

      Delete
  13. The clips is a great idea, but if you ever lived in the south. Nope here I use gallon zip lock bags for everything that comes in boxes or sacks. Although a clean house keeps the bugs at bay they do find a way in. Just life in the tropics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping those bugs out of the food is hard huh?

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!