Friday, August 5, 2016

One Lovely Blog Award

I have been given the One Lovely Blog Award. This wonderful award was bestowed upon me by Red, the lovely blogger at Doesn't Speak Klingon. I met Red through the A to Z Challenge. She and her husband met through blogging. Isn't that a hoot? You should pay a visit to her blog and check out the story. They are also getting ready to move to China! Can you imagine? Anyway thank you so much, Red. And she said such nice things about my blog! Made me blush!!

Okay! Heres the deal:

1. Thank the blog nominator and link back to them. (check)

2. Let us get to know you in 7-15 fun facts about you. (is there anything you guys don't know??)

3. Share the blog love by nominating 9-15 bloggers for the award and let them know. (I am going to nominate ALL of my readers (you know who you are) So get busy and tell us about yourself. 

Here goes:

1. I am grandma to 3 biological grandkids and 6 others that call me grandma!

2. I spent more than 25 years coloring my hair. When Richard got sick I quit. Now it is mostly gray. Not completely yet. But heading that way.

3. I did not get a driver's license until I was over 21 years old.

4. I am a registered Democrat. I was a Republican but I changed my affiliation during the George H. Bush presidency. Just to piss my husband off. And it did!

5. I hate to clean house. But I love a clean house.

6. I wanted to join the military after I left high school. Instead I got married and had babies.

7. I love reality TV. 

8. I am in love with adult coloring. I use pencils but have recently started coloring with gel pens. 


Now go ahead and take this award to your blog and let me know what are 7-15 fun facts about yourself. And once again thanks to Red!! 


18 comments:

  1. Congrats. Nice to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    What kind of pens do you use for coloring? Maybe a picture??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I am using the Pilot G-2 pens that I have to see what I thought of coloring with gel pens. I like it!! I'll share a picture Monday!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats, Paula!
    The military ... really? What branch?

    I, too, hate to clean house with a purple passion. Good thing for the occasional house guest or nothing would get accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, military, Myra. I wanted to join the Navy. The Waves. My brothers had a fit. So off to business college and got married instead. Should have been a Wave!!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the award! I'll have to check out Red's blog; sounds fascinating with a move to China!

    LOL about registering Democrat :)

    I too don't like to clean house, I might have mentioned, I just clean something daily, tops of 20-30 minutes. The house is never completely clean but never completely dirty and I can live with that rather than devote 2-3 hours cleaning at one time :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good plan for housekeeping, Betty. I just might have to adopt it!

      Delete
  5. Hi Paula - good to read a little more about you ... I do love a clean place to live - must get mine up to scratch and keep it clean ... the kids (all of them!) have benefited hugely from you and Richard ... and now you - take care and all the best - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary! You always lift me up with your kind words!

      Delete
  6. I didn't mind George it was George W. that turned me away from the Republicans. I could be swayed back perhaps but not with the likes of the Donald!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I was thinking that Donald might be able to sway me. But, he just can't keep his mouth shut. I am not in his camp either!

      Delete
  7. #5 all the way. Once someone complained about having to do housework. I suggested she pay someone to clean her house. (Hey, great for the economy--giving someone work!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me! If I could afford to pay someone to clean my house, I would!!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the award! I can appreciate your #5, but I used to clean a house for some extra cash. It was a big house and even though it was abiut 40 years ago, I can still 'see' the messy kitchen that greeted me every week. Hope you've had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cleaned houses for money too. During my nursing school years. The people I cleaned for were pigs. And they had a huge beautiful home. One I often dreamed of owning. Sure glad I don't own one that big now!!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the award - well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!