Head over to From This Side of the Pond and grab the questions, answer them on your blog, and link up with a fine group of people doing the Wednesday Hodgepodge:
I am very proud to say that my family tree includes a Deputy Sheriff. My youngest son!! He has been working in law enforcement since 2000. He loves what he does. And I am proud of him. And I will stand behind our men and women in blue always!!! You can click on this link to read a newspaper article about him and some of his fellow officers. We have so many good police officers in this country that it really pisses me off to see the media focus on the few bad apples out there.
2. Are you someone who suffers from the Sunday night blues? What helps you get over it?
I do not suffer from the Sunday night blues anymore. What I did to get over it was retire. When you don't have to get up and go to work on Monday there really isn't a reason to feel blue. Every day, now, is like Saturday and Sunday.
I love blue cheese. One of our favorite restaurants, in the whole world, The Belvedere, in Canon City, Colorado always served a bowl of blue cheese crumbles with their house salad. We loved it. Sadly, it closed its doors on New Years Eve 2013. Richard and I celebrated many occasions in that restaurant. We took our kids and our grandkids there on vacations. You can click on the name and read the article about the closing.
4. We can't head in to the Labor Day weekend without a related question, can we? Complete this thought: I work best when_I am given plenty of time to think things through and do them the way I want to do them.
5. 'Everything yields to diligence.' Antiphanes Your thoughts? (on this particular quote or on diligence in general)
I think if you are diligent about anything it will give in to you. The trick is being diligent!
6. The National Park Service turned 100 years old on August 25th. Have you been to many of America's National Parks? If so share with us a favorite or two. Which National Park would you most like to visit before the next birthday rolls around?
We have visited Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park. We went to Yellowstone in the summer with our boys when they were small. It was fascinating to see. My favorite was Old Faithful and all the bison wandering everywhere. We visited Glacier National Park in the winter of 2004. We drove through the park and planned a return visit for pictures on the very day that I broke my leg and ended up in the hospital in Kalispell, Montana. I have no plans to visit any additional National Parks.
7. Bid farewell to August in seven words or less.
So long August, see you next year!!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Harley and I love to watch Dancing With the Stars. They announced the returning dancers and the celebrities for this coming season. I am furious that they chose to have Ryan Lochte as one of the celebrities. I do not know what they are thinking. I am trying to decide now if we will watch. Or if only one family not watching will make a difference. Maybe he will be the first one voted out. When will our country learn that you don't reward these bad athletes with more attention??